What car do you drive? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What car do you drive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Trying not to Pagj

btw sputnik, if you dont wanna buy gm cuz of the bailout money, just saying...ford took bailout too...just secretly

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

To be honest, im not a ford guy or a chevy guy, chevy runs in the family, but i honestly want the best.
I just been on the ford.com website for trucks and numbers dont lie.
http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/weownwork/?intcmp=fv-experience-hero-ford-super-duty

IDK what i'll buy once im outta college

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Trying not to Pagj

btw sputnik, if you dont wanna buy gm cuz of the bailout money, just saying...ford took bailout too...just secretly

To be honest, im not a ford guy or a chevy guy, chevy runs in the family, but i honestly want the best.
http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/weownwork/?intcmp=fv-experience-hero-ford-super-duty

my personal opinion, Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge vs. Toyota vs. Nissan. their all good trucks, it just depends on which ones style and price fits you better. i just like Dodges styling better with Ford next on the list. i think the Chevrolets are good dependable trucks, but i just don't care for the way they look. same with the Toyota, but the Nissan, now that's not a bad looking truck, but there aren't hardly any rebates or incentives on them.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #13

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Trying not to Pagj

It's not so much the taking money (though that is part of it) its the fact that the government practically owns and runs GM, that would be bad enough in itself, but add in On-star with microphones, gps locator and the fact that they can cut power to the vehicle. No thanks.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
It's not so much the taking money (though that is part of it) its the fact that the government practically owns and runs GM, that would be bad enough in itself, but add in On-star with microphones, gps locator and the fact that they can cut power to the vehicle. No thanks.
They say you learn something new everyday...i sure as hell did, thank you for the enlightenment. Didnt know they can cut power...but just microphones, gps locator creeps me out

btw how can they cut power to the vehicle?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by 94browninghunt; 04-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #15

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
They say you learn something new everyday...i sure as hell did, thank you for the enlightenment. Didnt know they can cut power...but just microphones, gps locator creeps me out

Not sure of the process, but its a "anti theft" feature. They can shut it down and it won't restart until they say so. Imagine if they felt the need to use it on a large scale.

Last edited by sputnik1988; 04-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Not sure of the process, but its a "anti theft" feature. They can shut it down and it won't restart until they say so. Imagine if they felt the need to use it on a large scale.
this can only be utilized if the vehicle is equipped with the OnStar option. if it it's not equipped, it can't be done. but the thing is, most GM vehicles are coming with them equipped now. it is basicly an anti-theft device, and if you report it stolen, and give them the VIN, they can remotely shut it down and feed the GPS location to LE.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have old faithful which is a 99 Silverado with almost 200,000 miles on it. It is starting to rust out now after the years of abuse but still original engine, trans, diffs and runs like new. And when i say rust out i took it to work one day and on the way home(2.3 miles) i heard a bang, I looked in the mirrors and didnt see anything so i finished my trip home. When i got home i walked around the truck and saw the tailgate hinges rusted out and it was being held by the cables. Then i have my daily driver which is a 2011 Chevy Malibu with a 4cyl.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

06 sierra 1500--daily driver

weekend toys:

02 impreza 2.5rs - retired daily driver
94 grand cherokee--was for sale but decided to wait

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #19

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

1990 f~150 4.9 300 inline 6 w/5 speed. The truck pulls more than stop. Paid 1400.00 3 years ago.

1987 325 bmw 2.7 inline 6, 5 speed. Bought it with 153,000 stuck on the odometer in 2003 for 1500.00.

Would I like a brand new vehicle, sure but don't ever want a note again. Also the tags cost 30.00 a year instead of hundreds. Also, libelity only saves a bunch.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6028 Times on 3159 Posts
Likes Given: 432

2003 chevy silverado no onstar gps crap, 2001 pontiac transam WS6 again no onstar, and a 1989 pontiac Formula350 firebird.

I prefer the gm interiors but i wont buy a new because you cant get them without onstar. The way thieves steal gm and most other cars nowadays is by popping the hood and plugging in a hacked computer module. Onstar can send send all it wants. The other way they do it is just use a tow truck after they rip out the onstar transmitter. Since the main reason for theft is parts it doesnt matter if it runs or not or how well it runs.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...