Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What can I do with all these pistol barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What can I do with all these pistol barrels

I bought a house a couple years ago, and ended up with a bunch of leftovers from a pistol manufacturer in my shop. Nowlin Inc was the manufacturer and from what I can tell they were very successful in the competition shooting markets among others. I have hundreds of barrels and thousands of hammers, however I do not know if they are any good or need more processing. I sure wouldn't want to sell them to someone who got hurt using them. Is there anything I could do with all this, or should I just sell it by the pound for the value of the stainless?

Thanks for any help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8598 Times on 3728 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Hi Vic! Welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, stop over by the intro thread and say howdy.

You did not say, but I am assuming these are for 1911 style pistols. If so, even if they need further machining, a smith that builds custom guns may have interest well above the scrap price. Some of the IPSC shooters will be along presently, and may have a smith they could refer you to. All else fails, will check with my smith, but likely to be a few days due to holidays coming up.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 11-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 557

They may have been take offs that were replaced with the custom barrels and hammers.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8045 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10381

Are they all stainless? Are there roll marks on them? Where are you located? If you are near me I could probably make some artwork with them.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Philly fashion designer turns guns from deadly weapons to jewelry

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Purely a liberal market, but mark them up to high dollar so you can spread the wealth back from the dark side.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Welcome to the forum. Stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

I might be interested in them depending on what they are....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8045 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10381

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
Purely a liberal market, but mark them up to high dollar so you can spread the wealth back from the dark side.
Not so. You can make table legs out of worn out rifle barrels. What gun guy wouldn't want that? Or maybe window bars out of gun barrels. If I have enough pistol barrels I could do a herringbone pattern windowshade. With a bunch more I could slice them up and make a different windowshade.

I have seen a worn out piece of junk revolver made into a spade. I wouldn't do that but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #9

As far as I can tell from the literature left behind, they are for a 1911. Calibers are 40, 45, and 38 super. Most of the barrel's, probably 90%, still need to be further processed so that they could be installed on a frame. I will get some pics up to give a better look as I have extremely limited knowledge of the trade.

Thanks for your time and information.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I vote for wind chimes!

People get the government they deserve.