What To Buy?! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What To Buy?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I agree with J.D. The .40 is a good round and will do the job. The recoil is a little stiff but acceptable.
But as far as I'm concerned, the tried and true .45 is the f**king heat. And I will stake the life of myself, my loved ones and anyone else I may have to defend on it.
A huge myth concerning the .45 is that its too big and too slow. Well the loss of blood pressure due to loss of blood is what incapacitates. The larger the round, the larger the wound channel.
And as far as being too slow, i've never met anyone who has dodged a round yet.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 01-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #32

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Plus one Chop - Once I was converted to the world of the 1911, I too was converted to the world of the "slow traveling, big headed round". I love that big, "slow moving" .45 caliber round because it leaves one hell of a wound channel.

That said, it's not ideal for a female with small hands and limited strength. My woman is no small, petite thing and she hates shooting my .45

However she has her own steel frame 1911, in 9mm, that she loves and shoots everytime we go to the range.

The best handgun in the world does you no good if you are afraid to carry it. At home, in the safe, isn't going to do you any good at the local Choke & Puke parking lot when acosted by someone who wants your car/money/etc.

Finding the right round, in the right gun, is the BEST possible advice that I can give anyone looking for a self defense pistol for ANYONE...

JD

Old 02-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #33

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Eh, it's three pages of "field trials" with the pistol - more than you are going to get out of Guns & Ammo...

What do you want for free internetz cane?!?

JD
I was referring to the gun JD, not the report!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I was referring to the gun JD, not the report!
That is the problem with the internetz - misinterpretation..

Point taken my friend, point taken...

JD

Old 02-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

And Practice, Practice, Practice. The most expensive Heater in the world loaded with the best S***HOT rounds you can buy will do you no good if you are not physically and especially mentally capable of doing what you have to do to survive.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #36

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Nother good thing about the .40 is it's cheap from what I've seen since Law Enforcement use it alot...and they make a crap load of it.

I still like 9mm or .45 more...recoil is better on my hands...of course this coming from the guy who's family just bought a .357 magnum.....ga har

Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Nother good thing about the .40 is it's cheap from what I've seen since Law Enforcement use it alot...and they make a crap load of it.

I still like 9mm or .45 more...recoil is better on my hands...of course this coming from the guy who's family just bought a .357 magnum.....ga har
Actually JZ, here in Cali, you can get 9mm and .45 cheaper than the .40 cal. rounds.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #38

You still in Tacoma Dillinger? I was stationed there for 6 years. Hilltop still sucks but it's not as bad as it was.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trigger View Post
You still in Tacoma Dillinger? I was stationed there for 6 years. Hilltop still sucks but it's not as bad as it was.
Just outside Tacoma in Bonney Lake. Hilltop is no longer the threat to tax paying citizens that it used to be.

I remember on an late morning in 2001, I passed the People's Park at about 0200, it was a late night operation that would have affected a lot of people's cable television/internet/phone - so we had to come in at midnight and perform some tests. People's Park had, no sh!t, close to 100 people in it at 0200. Lucky for me, Hilltop was subdued by the time I got there....

The Ranger's from Fort Lewis saw fit to that back in 2000/2001. In my entire time in Hilltop, other than People's Park on MLK Blvd, I never encountered a problem that caused me to reach for my Sig in reflex....

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-01-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: I had to delete my pompousness :-)

Old 02-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #40

that sounds like it was pretty crazy. What do you think of the Five Seven, and specifically the 5.7 round?

Newest Threads