What brought you here?? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What brought you here??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After years of not shooting (or owning any firearms) I decided to buy a Glock 19 (what was that commercial a few years back....plastics make it possible?) and was needing some advice on this, that, and the other...

Still only one gun deep and I'm hooked (on guns, and on the site). Hell, I didn't even know what SHTF was, or a Bug-Bag, but now I'm fully qualified to BS my way through any post

It seems that despite the VERY broad range of backgrounds and members, there is a very clear desire to share the one thing we all have in common. And when S does really HTF, I'm getting in touch with JD and MattG....assuming I'm not sniped from 800 yds out while approaching the rendezvous first...

Old 02-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
Found it via google. Recently got back into shooting so I figured I would look around and see what is going on in the world of guns. Been doing car stuff but that has gotten too expensive and time consuming.
Because guns aren't expensive and time consuming.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #43

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
And when S does really HTF, I'm getting in touch with JD and MattG....assuming I'm not sniped from 800 yds out while approaching the rendezvous first...
Just make sure you have your FREE Firearmstalk Decal or a picture of your avatar clearly displayed when approach any compound where the Space Zombies are stacked high, deep and wide and you should be good to go.

JD

Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Just make sure you have your FREE Firearmstalk Decal or a picture of your avatar clearly displayed when approach any compound where the Space Zombies are stacked high, deep and wide and you should be good to go.

JD
Free Firearmstalk Decal???

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #45

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Free Firearmstalk Decal???
Yeah, unless we recently stopped doing it. I believe after you have either 100, or 200, posts, you can PM the site admin ( notdku ) and he will mail you out a FirearmsTalk Decal to put on your rig.

If you sign up as a Supporting Member, you also get the decal and some other benefits, plus you help out the site - which is good for all.

JD

Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #46

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

What brought me here?

That's easy to answer.

OBAMA

Old 02-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #47

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I was trying to find thefiringline.com and somehow landed here.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #48

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I grew up in New Hampshire where the State motto is “Live Free or Die”. I never thought too much about it. I just accepted the fact that it was true. I used to own a small gun shop and did general repairs, bought and sold guns, hunted and fished for sport. Then in the mid 60’s the firearms laws changed; I accepted that. Then in the 70’s new speed limits were imposed across the nation, I accepted that. Then in the 80’s Big Brother appeared and began to interfere with more of the freedoms that I thought were my heritage. Taxation without representation and forced decisions as to where my children had to go to school left me confused.
It was at that point that I became aware of being forced to accept rules and regulations that did not agree with the motto of my home state.
I guess that when the O J Simpson trial came to its sorry conclusion I finally decided that the life I had known as a young man no longer existed.
And when Bill Clinton and his wife violated the White House I lost all hope and pride for and in my country.
Mexico has many problems and is far from prefect but at least I have been able to wake up each morning without the blathering media telling me what I should believe for the day. Here if you are stopped for a driving infraction you are not forced into an interrogation and insurance is not mandatory. Where I live no person can enter your property unless you allow them. Your home is still your castle.” Provided you can keep you nose clean, and the gate locked.” In order to live here you must renew your passport each year and prove that you have a monthly income of 1,500$.You can be deported for using profane language, public nudity, drugs, or possession of firearms. Mexico has already petitioned Obama to enact laws to prevent arms being bought in the USA and sold on the black market here (GUN CONTROL)
You can still go fishing without a Game warden behind every bush. My property taxes are reasonable and food is priced fairly. Electricity is charged on a graduated scale so that the poorer people get a break. I have no problems in the U.S. I still vote and pay my dues but I prefer to live here where the children go to school laughing and singing, still.
I hope this answers your question. I have written and published my memoirs. They are titled A Gifted Man. If you care to browse them you can do so for free at: iUniverse - Self Publishing Company | Book Publishers Here is another bit of my engraving work.Thanks for the great forum and have a great day even if it's a sh**ty one

1892-win.jpg   winchester-73-stage-coach.jpg   rscn2738.jpg  

Old 02-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #49

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Welcome joseph engraver, this is the first post you have made during the short time I have been aboard and I must tell you I am impressed with your conviction! Please continue your participation. I'm sure we could all learn from your journey.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #50

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Because guns aren't expensive and time consuming.
Not as bad as a weekend at a race track when you factor in hotel, tires, and brakes.