What brought you here?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What brought you here??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I used to be with gamer sites, and I used to moderate on a few of them for quite awhile.

Being an adult (some of the time), I decided that I needed a more mature place to share my interests.

This forum is the best out there. People are willing to learn and share knowledge. We all have different views on things (I've gotten into quite a few "spirited" discussions on here), but in the end everyone still respects another.

I am planning to be with this forum for quite a long time, and I am hoping that one day I can help out as a moderator on here (c'mon guys, put in a good word for me!!!!!!)

Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #22

Last year we decided to become gun owners, so I was searching around for information about guns, shooting technique, training and so on. Seemed like there are people here who are ready to help a noob without any attitude, so I signed up and stuck around.

There are also a few characters here that keep the place interesting.

Dave

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #23

-- A really slow dial-up connection, and abject boredom.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #24

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I fond this site by doing a Remington 700 haters club google search. Go figure Dillingers picture came up. So I thought he could use some straightening out.

I have grown to like the guy for the most part. LOL and Matt I had to stay because we are like buddies I grew up 50 miles away from where he lives. That and all the people here are just people.

Don't get me wrong I have other forums though if you looked at my browser history you wouldn't think so. Here Rimfire central and Go Go Varmint Go are my top three. top five would add Varmint Hunting International and The Firing line (It gets tiring after time listing to a bunch of yahoo mall ninjas on tfl).

Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 AM   #25

I guess I'm here because i couldn't find a "farm ninja" website.

No, really, I have learned alot from the expertise of the people on here. I had always been a hunter, always had guns in the pickup, had been an on-again-off-again NRA member, but back about the time that the economy started to falter, something clicked, and I turned into a gun nut. I won't say its fear, it was more a realization that we are going to be living through a period of time unlike anything I have ever experienced. I haven't dug a bunker (wifey keeps asking me when i'm going to) but have made many preparations along the lines of self-sufficiency. I am prepared for the worst, but am hoping and praying for the best. (I wear a tinfoil hat out on the tractor)

I know that God is in control, and that he has had a plan for a long time, and that the good guys win in the end, but i'm not going to go out without a fight for that which is worth fighting for.

I also have been able to tell from many posts that most all of you are of the same mindset as I am, we love our country, we love our families, and we love our guns.

I need to change my user id to "FarmNinja" AR's and John Deere's go good together................

The future isn't what it used to be.
----Yogi Berra

Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love lively debates in regards to politics and politics regarding firearms. One day while I was surfing for morons on craigslist, someone posted firearmstalk link and I checked it out.

It gets rather slow here at times, but between JD and BKT and a few of you other fine citizens, I've decided that if the apocalypse was coming it would be nice to have some peeps who knew how shoot.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #27

Default Why am I Here, Where am I?

Came here wearing my tin foil hat (keeps them from reading your mind, and implanting suggestions) Got my a$$ blistered for a comment first day. Found a boat load of great info. Good, No, great friends of like mind. (see above statement) I'm the noid of the group. Staying till my butt is kicked out. Found out there a many, many, more guns I really need. Excuse me I see a Black Subruban in front of my home.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #28

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
Came here wearing my tin foil hat (keeps them from reading your mind, and implanting suggestions) Got my a$$ blistered for a comment first day. Found a boat load of great info. Good, No, great friends of like mind. (see above statement) I'm the noid of the group. Staying till my butt is kicked out. Found out there a many, many, more guns I really need. Excuse me I see a Black Subruban in front of my home.
Cinch up the chin strap on the foil helmet and your GTG!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Cinch up the chin strap on the foil helmet and your GTG!
Jerk.

This place wouldn't be the same without ya.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #30

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Jerk. This place wouldn't be the same without ya.
It' Mr. Jerk to U Mess-of-2-$hits!

And thank you sir.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello