What brought you here??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What brought you here??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default What brought you here??

So, we have a ton of new members lately, and they have been coming here for months on end, so you guys must be doing something right.

I was wondering what initially brought any of you guys here? And what keeps you coming back?

I initially had this forum picked for me by Mrs. JD because I was constantly yelling at my computer or bitching about another forum I used to visit that was more a gamer forum with a special gun section.

Answering questions from 13 year olds about what rifle the Halo Master Chief uses and why it's not called a Deagle was getting to me. She suggested I join a more grown up forum... Novel concept... LOL

I showed up here, had an early run in with cpttango30 over my rifle action review, saw that as his worst argument with me here was better than some of the best discussions on the other board, I jumped ship and have been here ever since. Coming up on a year here I believe and have met some great folks who have all taught me good information.

So, what brought you guys in, how'd you find us and what keeps you coming back?

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

a friend of mine and i were always really into guns
i took the first step and bought a 22WMR rifle
we both joined this forum to try to learn more about guns
he stopped coming back but i was enraptured by the AR-15 discussion board
with the help of JD, slo, and many others i built my first AR-15 and it was a complete pleasure and success! i immediately felt the brotherhood and wealth of knowledge that firearmstalk had to offer and i've been here ever since

hope to remain with this forum for plenty of more months and years!

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

I just stumbled onto the site recently, read a few posts and decided to join. My purpose is to learn as much as I can and contribute.

Only hits count. You can’t miss fast enough to catch up in a gunfight.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
She suggested I join a more grown up forum... Novel concept... LOL
JD
Grown up forum??? Where??? Where???

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I got here by the internet.

Grownups?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Grown up forum??? Where??? Where???
At least I was not the 1st smart aleck.

Seriously,

I was looking for info on a used revolver I had purchased. I got all the info I was looking for without paying $50.00 to the mfr for history, and then some. I've been addicted ever since. Anyone know of a good rehab facility?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was doing a firearm related search and this link popped up out of nowhere. I think it was around the time I started watching reruns of My Name Is Earl. Maybe there is such a thing as Carma. All I know now is I'm corresponding with people that believe in God, family, and the United States. This is what makes me smile.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I´m registred in a Venezuelan forum (HABLEMOS DE ARMAS) since long time ago. I browse some American forums time to time but I wasn´t atracted by any forum because some are brand biased (glocktalk, ar15 and so... In here there are isolated cases, isn´t Cane? ) and others are just a gathering place for gun nuts... So I just read and browse some forums but never registred in anyone. I have a Jeep Wrangler and one day I registred in Jeep Forum and look at the end of the page I saw the FT Forum ad, and after read some posts I realize that this is a respectful forum and deserve a try . There´s no regrets.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Started trying to learn more on the ways of Firearms and gun-smithing. I had some schooling in gun-smithing a long time ago, but it is not enough for me. I am constantly wanting to learn more and more. (the wife is gonna kill me if my library gets any bigger ) Seems to be some of the more level headed individuals in here than most forums that I was a member of.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #10

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The other forum I used made me feel like I needed to wear a suit n tie when I signed on.
The tight a$$ admin and mods never warmed up.
When I told them what I thought they shut off the pipe!
Those Ba$tards!
When I made it 2 weeks here with only a few warnings I figured I'd stick around for a while.
Then I started to notice that a ton of information can be exchanged along with a little irreverence and a sh1tload of humor.
I was hooked!
The main reason, we have no uber ninja mall warriors. Oh they show up every once n awhile but our members recognize them for what they are and the lack of attention they get shows them the door.
The second reason is when a disagreement breaks out it is always based on knowledge and not ego.
Props to the mods for kicking us back inbound rather than off the board!
That's not to say there aren't a few tin-foil-helmeted, black helicopters, wacko nut-jobs that need an immediate boot back into the ether!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello