Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What brought you here?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-brought-you-here-10819/)

Dillinger 02-11-2009 09:20 PM

What brought you here??

So, we have a ton of new members lately, and they have been coming here for months on end, so you guys must be doing something right. :D

I was wondering what initially brought any of you guys here? And what keeps you coming back?

I initially had this forum picked for me by Mrs. JD because I was constantly yelling at my computer or bitching about another forum I used to visit that was more a gamer forum with a special gun section.

Answering questions from 13 year olds about what rifle the Halo Master Chief uses and why it's not called a Deagle was getting to me. She suggested I join a more grown up forum... Novel concept... LOL

I showed up here, had an early run in with cpttango30 over my rifle action review, saw that as his worst argument with me here was better than some of the best discussions on the other board, I jumped ship and have been here ever since. Coming up on a year here I believe and have met some great folks who have all taught me good information.

So, what brought you guys in, how'd you find us and what keeps you coming back?

JD

junho806 02-11-2009 09:24 PM

a friend of mine and i were always really into guns
i took the first step and bought a 22WMR rifle
we both joined this forum to try to learn more about guns
he stopped coming back but i was enraptured by the AR-15 discussion board
with the help of JD, slo, and many others i built my first AR-15 and it was a complete pleasure and success! i immediately felt the brotherhood and wealth of knowledge that firearmstalk had to offer and i've been here ever since
:D
hope to remain with this forum for plenty of more months and years!

cobraman 02-11-2009 09:44 PM

I just stumbled onto the site recently, read a few posts and decided to join. My purpose is to learn as much as I can and contribute.

ScottG 02-11-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 70317)
She suggested I join a more grown up forum... Novel concept... LOL
JD

Grown up forum??? Where??? Where??? :D

skullcrusher 02-11-2009 10:06 PM

I got here by the internet. :D

Grownups? :eek:

skullcrusher 02-11-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 70322)
Grown up forum??? Where??? Where??? :D

At least I was not the 1st smart aleck.

Seriously,

I was looking for info on a used revolver I had purchased. I got all the info I was looking for without paying $50.00 to the mfr for history, and then some. I've been addicted ever since. Anyone know of a good rehab facility? :cool:

hunter Joe 02-11-2009 10:33 PM

I was doing a firearm related search and this link popped up out of nowhere. I think it was around the time I started watching reruns of My Name Is Earl. Maybe there is such a thing as Carma. All I know now is I'm corresponding with people that believe in God, family, and the United States. This is what makes me smile.

AsmelEduardo 02-11-2009 10:42 PM

Iīm registred in a Venezuelan forum (HABLEMOS DE ARMAS) since long time ago. I browse some American forums time to time but I wasnīt atracted by any forum because some are brand biased (glocktalk, ar15 and so... In here there are isolated cases, isnīt Cane? :p) and others are just a gathering place for gun nuts... So I just read and browse some forums but never registred in anyone. I have a Jeep Wrangler and one day I registred in Jeep Forum and look at the end of the page I saw the FT Forum ad, and after read some posts I realize that this is a respectful forum and deserve a try :rolleyes:. Thereīs no regrets. :D

Minionsram 02-11-2009 10:51 PM

Started trying to learn more on the ways of Firearms and gun-smithing. I had some schooling in gun-smithing a long time ago, but it is not enough for me. I am constantly wanting to learn more and more. (the wife is gonna kill me if my library gets any bigger:) ) Seems to be some of the more level headed individuals in here than most forums that I was a member of.

canebrake 02-11-2009 10:55 PM

The other forum I used made me feel like I needed to wear a suit n tie when I signed on.
The tight a$$ admin and mods never warmed up.
When I told them what I thought they shut off the pipe!
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...n-wildwest.gif Those Ba$tards!
When I made it 2 weeks here with only a few warnings I figured I'd stick around for a while.
Then I started to notice that a ton of information can be exchanged along with a little irreverence and a sh1tload of humor.
I was hooked!
The main reason, we have no uber ninja mall warriors. Oh they show up every once n awhile but our members recognize them for what they are and the lack of attention they get shows them the door.
The second reason is when a disagreement breaks out it is always based on knowledge and not ego.
Props to the mods for kicking us back inbound rather than off the board!
That's not to say there aren't a few tin-foil-helmeted, black helicopters, wacko nut-jobs that need an immediate boot back into the ether!