Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What branch did you serve in?

View Poll Results: What Branch were you in?
Army 24 29.27%
Air Force 17 20.73%
Navy 12 14.63%
Marines 12 14.63%
Coast Guard 2 2.44%
I didn't serve. 15 18.29%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

USAF 2A353A F-15 Fighter Aircraft maintenance journeyman. I would have been craftsman if I'd stayed in but that's a long story about a whore right there.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #12

Liked 1761 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 903

Salvation Army.

But seriously, U.S.A.F. '72-'76

Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #13

Air Force, but the avatar gives it away.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8422 Times on 3652 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

US Army- Infantry (We hurt people and break their things)

And with some of our foreign members here, those 5 categories are NOT the only answers.

Now, BEFORE the first rock, epithet, or cutting remark gets tossed out-

I am retired Army. My SON is a retired US Marine. Nephew is Navy. Son-in-law is Air Force. As far as harrassing other services-

Air Force- I thank you for the rides. It would have been a damned long walk.
Marines- I thank you for the close air support. And I DO mean close.
Navy- I had no idea the guns on a cruiser could reach that far. Thank you most kindly.
Coasties- anyone that has an unoffical motto of "You have to go out. Coming back is optional." has got a pair.

And yes, I would gladly buy a beer for ANYONE that has taken the Queen's shilling, and eaten the Queen's biscuit- even if their uniform and mine are different colors.

C3

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
us army- infantry (we hurt people and break their things)

and with some of our foreign members here, those 5 categories are not the only answers.

Now, before the first rock, epithet, or cutting remark gets tossed out-

i am retired army. My son is a retired us marine. Nephew is navy. Son-in-law is air force. As far as harrassing other services-

air force- i thank you for the rides. It would have been a damned long walk.
Marines- i thank you for the close air support. And i do mean close.
Navy- i had no idea the guns on a cruiser could reach that far. Thank you most kindly.
Coasties- anyone that has an unoffical motto of "you have to go out. Coming back is optional." has got a pair.

And yes, i would gladly buy a beer for anyone that has taken the queen's shilling, and eaten the queen's biscuit- even if their uniform and mine are different colors.

C3
ooooohhhhhhh rrrrraaaaaaahhhhh.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

What, no National Guard? Epic fail.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 AM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

[RANT ON] No I didn't put nasty guard. What the hell do they do other than get sent to active duty and do nothing but fake injuries so they don't go off to war.

Yes I said that because I have been there done that and seen it way too much. It was disgusting. I guess the CANG unit I was in was different my platoon SGT was a 4 tour Spec Ops guy in Nam. We had 3 others that were on the CANG Drug eradication task force. 1 went to the SF. Hell we were a bunch of heavy junk operators and spam in a can guys.

While I was at fort dix you would see men and women on crutches during the week gimping around all over post. But Friday night and they were fine to go dancing from 7pm to 2am. My unit at Fort dix was FULL of people like that. PT test came around and OMG 70% of the bn was on a walk and own pace and distance profile. Then again Friday night they were out in the club dancing like crazy. Many even got medically retired for FAKE injuries.

[\RANT OFF]

No because the national guard is run through the Army or the AF. All 4 branches have reserve units as well.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

I didn't serve but my heart belongs to any Viet Nam vet of any branch of service.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
[RANT ON] No I didn't put nasty guard. What the hell do they do other than get sent to active duty and do nothing but fake injuries so they don't go off to war.

Yes I said that because I have been there done that and seen it way too much. It was disgusting. I guess the CANG unit I was in was different my platoon SGT was a 4 tour Spec Ops guy in Nam. We had 3 others that were on the CANG Drug eradication task force. 1 went to the SF. Hell we were a bunch of heavy junk operators and spam in a can guys.

While I was at fort dix you would see men and women on crutches during the week gimping around all over post. But Friday night and they were fine to go dancing from 7pm to 2am. My unit at Fort dix was FULL of people like that. PT test came around and OMG 70% of the bn was on a walk and own pace and distance profile. Then again Friday night they were out in the club dancing like crazy. Many even got medically retired for FAKE injuries.

[\RANT OFF]

No because the national guard is run through the Army or the AF. All 4 branches have reserve units as well.
i resent that.

my best bud is in the national guard after serving active 82nd airborne. he earned two bronze stars in iraq. as a guardsman. a LOT of national guard made the ultimate sacrifice there serving under two presidents neither of which ever earned the right to be spit on by the deceased and for a cause of freeing a nation of worthless ungrateful scum.

the national guardsmen have my greatest respect for giving up their warm homes and safe lives to do a terrible job for the ungrateful nation, president, and congress that sends them.

so if they skip a stupid pt test that should have been revamped and redone 100 years ago more power to them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-07-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

U.S. Air Force Security Forces.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington