Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What is the best name for a new gun shop? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-best-name-new-gun-shop-50610/)

tts 10-26-2011 06:46 PM

What is the best name for a new gun shop?

I'm opening a new gun shop (primarily Internet sales) and would love to get your thoughts on a few names. I've been thinking about this for so long that it's hard to tell.

==Gun Gorilla==

Pros: Numerous marketing opportunities, memorable (people won't forget), appeals to younger crowd, fun/catchy

Cons: Lack of seriousness (guns are a touchy subject), might bring bad PR, uses "guns" instead of "firearms" (more professional?)

==T&S Firearms==

Pros: Professional, serious, trustworthy, uses initials (common to name shop after owners), appeals to older crowd, uses "firearms" (less of a negative connotation?)

Cons: Hard to remember/market, not as fun/catchy

The two websites would be gungorilla.com and tsfirearms.com + tandsfirarms.com, respectively.

Which of the two names above to you like/trust more and why? Thanks :)

silverado113 10-26-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tts (Post 611341)
I'm opening a new gun shop (primarily Internet sales) and would love to get your thoughts on a few names. I've been thinking about this for so long that it's hard to tell.

==Gun Gorilla==

Pros: Numerous marketing opportunities, memorable (people won't forget), appeals to younger crowd, fun/catchy

Cons: Lack of seriousness (guns are a touchy subject), might bring bad PR, uses "guns" instead of "firearms" (more professional?)

==T&S Firearms==

Pros: Professional, serious, trustworthy, uses initials (common to name shop after owners), appeals to older crowd, uses "firearms" (less of a negative connotation?)

Cons: Hard to remember/market, not as fun/catchy

The two websites would be gungorilla.com and tsfirearms.com + tandsfirarms.com, respectively.

Which of the two names above to you like/trust more and why? Thanks :)

I like gungorilla because it is unique. There are so many shops out there with initials and firearms in the name and gungorrilla allows you to stand out from the others.

bkt 10-26-2011 07:21 PM

I would have said The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms but apparently that name is already taken.

Firearms4ever 10-26-2011 07:25 PM

Why not T&S Gorilla? The local shop I work at doesn't include firearms or guns in it's name.

danf_fl 10-26-2011 07:48 PM

The yellow pages or the the talking phone book has everything listed alphabetically.

ABG (A Better Gunshop).

mesinge2 10-26-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 611436)
The yellow pages or the the talking phone book has everything listed alphabetically.

ABG (A Better Gunshop).

Great idea!

orangello 10-26-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 611436)

ABG (A Better Gunshop).

Did you ever own a liquor store? :p

I voted for the Gorilla-themed shop. Animals make names memorable. Now something like "Bear Arms" would be a bit much.

c3shooter 10-26-2011 08:25 PM

DUDE! Who uses Yellow Pages? (well, I do- as an improvised bullet trap for .22)

bkt 10-26-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 611486)
DUDE! Who uses Yellow Pages? (well, I do- as an improvised bullet trap for .22)

Yeah, me too.

Hinermad 10-26-2011 08:43 PM

I like Gun Gorilla. It sticks out, and professionalism is overrated sometimes. (grin)

Or do both. Have a brick & mortar storefront that's T&S Firearms, but d.b.a Gun Gorilla online. There's an ammo supplier who does that - they have about six different web sites of different names, but they all belong to one company. Registering a d.b.a name doesn't usually cost very much - I think it's $10 here in New York, or $25 if you want exclusive use of the name.

By the way, if you haven't already, you might want to register those domain names ASAP, before someone else grabs them so they can extort a "holding fee" from you.

Dave