Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What Beer do you drink?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I quit drinking 16 years ago but being this close to Milwaukee it was PBR. I also enjoyed Becks, ST. Pauly Girl, and when in Canada, Brador. The problem was I enjoyed beer too much. Now I spend the extra money I save on hunting related items, ie guns.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like dark and bitter beers. Apparently my fellow countrymen have different tastes and they are almost imposible to find in Argentina, I have to depend on microbreweries to get anything worth drinking.

I find lagers quite boring, I'll drink it if there's nothing else and my blood alcohol level is dangerously low, but I'm not too fond of them.

I also like Trappist beers quite a lot, especially the "triple" varieties, like Chimay Blanche.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

For a micro deal, I like Great Lakes Brewery and the Dortmunder Gold. That right there is a good beer. Got some in my pantry waiting for the right time to chill and grill.

I am not much of a mass market beer guy. I do like the BL with lime. These will never hae the flavor or attitude of microbrews. My favorite microbrew is Sierra Nevada grew up driving past the Brew house all the time. when ever I go home My dad and I go to the Brew house and have a pint and some good food.

Don't get me wrong what the mass brewers have done is amazing. They have taking brewing to a whole other level. You don't realize just how hard it is to keep all the breweries producing the same exact beer all the time with varying ingredients and all that.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #14

Thats cool that a lot of ya'll brew ya'lls own beer, I've always wanted to get into that but never had the time or money to commit.

I mostly drink zeigenbock or shiner, but will every now and again down a room temp heineken. Red stripe is pretty good also, whenever they have that at the quick-e-mart I get that.

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #15

Likes Given: 1

Yingling Black and Tan

Old 04-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I drink mostly Cali IPAs. Heavy hops, heavy malt and high ABV count quench my thirst.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Polar Beer, hands down... Polar Pilsener or Polar Solera....
For people living in Florida, Polar Beer can be found on almost any Publix...

When I go to U.S I try diferent brands of beer... I like the Miller Genuine Draft (that with black label...)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 04-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #18

im wierd, i get used to a beer and i stick to it, for the longest time it was Rolling Rock, i still like it and can drink it, but just dont get it much. Then i was on to MGD, stuck to that a loooong time. Me and a friend would go out every night, that got too expensive so we would split a 30 pack of Icehouse, kinda strong and a dollar cheaper then a case of Bud or MGD. Now im used to Miller Lite, and onsale alot at my local grocery store, and it gets me drunk.

If im someplace that has exotic stuff, i do enjoy Sapporo. It's a Japanese beer, verry light and tasty, i do recommend it to anyone.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There are very few beers that I will say no to.

But my regular favorites are Dogfish head 60 & 90 minutes IPAs, Stone Brewing Co's beers are always good, Bluegrass brewing Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout, Williamsburg Ale Works Washington Porter, PBR, Busch, and Rolling Rock.

I could go on and on but those beers all have the highest likelihood of ravaging my liver.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 3 Posts

PBR
yuengling
smithwicks (or smiddicks)
red stripe
magic hat #9
bud
and red oak

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.