What an Afghani parlimentarian lady said about guns (context)

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What an Afghani parlimentarian lady said about guns (context)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default What an Afghani parlimentarian lady said about guns (context)

I'm no big fan of Afghanistan, but this quote rang a little bell for me.

"Women in Afghanistan can still be seen wearing burqas. But Koofi says advances have been made for women's rights in recent years. In some cases, it's as simple as putting on makeup and walking down city streets.

But she fears that the rights of women and children could slowly be eroded, the "victims of political games," as she puts it. "I mean, they don't have a gun to fight [with], they cannot create a mess," Koofi said.

That's a sentiment echoed by rights groups. "The reported new law on women's rights could be about to seriously undermine women's rights for millions of Afghanistan women," Amnesty International said in a statement."

The quote came from this article: Afghanistan 'rape' law puts women's rights front and center - CNN.com

Isn't it weird who agrees about "gun control" when they need a gun? Too bad the Quaran didn't have a second amendment-type clause, eh.

Personally, i think down is a great direction for that entire region, as long as they don't take anybody down with them (unlikely).

edit* I'm not bashing the Muslims; worship whatever you want; i don't care. I just found this an interesting example from afar of why that 2nd amendment is a good idea. Honestly, though, there are some chicks i'd rather not be able to see without a burka.

Last edited by orangello; 04-06-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

What gets me, is where are the women's rights groups here in the US on this topic? Topic being basically sharia law and women's rights. I belive Rush calls them feminatzis.

GWB said that, "Freedom is not America's gift to the world. It is God's gift to every human being."

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!