What ????? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Was that a regular rat or a free range rat???

OC

"magbum"

Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Was that a regular rat or a free range rat???

OC
What's the difference?
Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

~ George S. Patton (1944)

Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It' a damned shame that groups like PETA, The Human Society of America, SPCPA or whatever letters those b-otches use, don't tunnel all the monetary resources they get from the idiots that support them to feed the hungry. IMO this is just a waste of God given talents and is sinful.

In some countries people have to eat dogs, cats, gophers, rats, bats, and anything else they can kill to stay alive.

In the United States, PETA kills unprecedented number of dog, cats, and other domesticated animals because they don't have the recourses to keep them alive and believes that they are saving these animals from a fate worst than death. Daa.

And yet, there are staving people in America and around the world that these animal rights activist don't give a damned about because these activist yahoos go home to a nice meal for supper every night in their beautiful houses with their well fed fat children.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
What a load of hooey.

If outlawing the eating of farm animals, wild animals and any meat is greatness, then I will remain mediocre. Ghandi also believed that ancestors were reborn as cows.
I happen to know several members of PETA and in no way do they advocate that people should become vegans. They are most concerned on how an animal is treated before and when it is slaughtered and how animals are raised for and merchandized in the pet industry. They are also opposed to the using of animals for research especially in the cosmetics industry. All of these friends are avid hunters.

When I was young my father told me to know the truth of a matter before you condemn it. He always said to open your mind before you open your mouth.

Over half of the people on this earth believe in reincarnation so I guess we should always ignore anything they have to say

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I guess that is why PETA puts up billboards that say "Feeding meat to your kid is child abuse."

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #16

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
I happen to know several members of PETA and in no way do they advocate that people should become vegans. They are most concerned on how an animal is treated before and when it is slaughtered and how animals are raised for and merchandized in the pet industry. They are also opposed to the using of animals for research especially in the cosmetics industry. All of these friends are avid hunters.

When I was young my father told me to know the truth of a matter before you condemn it. He always said to open your mind before you open your mouth.

Over half of the people on this earth believe in reincarnation so I guess we should always ignore anything they have to say
Walley, everyone’s belief is bent to the way they think and truth is a very flexible thing. Truth is not as clear as you state, what is truth…

Man condom’s what he/she believes in and what “they” want and to hell with anyone else and their beliefs.

Animals are put here as part of the food chain and MY BELIEF is that they are below me on that food chain and therefore I am following the natural order of life by killing and eating them. I don’t torture or maim or prolong their death I kill as quickly as possible and if I miss (poor shot at a deer) I will track the blood trail to put the creature out of it’s pain and to get my meat.

Walley Please tell me, since you know PETA people on a personal level and I don’t, I have only met them in an official capacity, what do they consider a proper way to kill an animal? A bullet to the brain? Cut the throat? Tell them TANGO stories and scare them to death? Dead is dead and how you reach there is just a minor blip on life’s scope. Most normal people don’t and would not torture a creature, so to me PETA’s concerns don’t hold water unless they want everyone to just eat plants.

This rat thing is just PETA putting forth their agenda and their version of the truth.

BTW, rat is actually pretty good, taste a lot like chicken.
(I spent quite a few years in Southeast Asia so yes I’ve eaten rat.)

Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If you take a look at the article, this wasn't PETA; it was the RSPCA or something in New South Wales, different group.

Someone had mentioned that it was wrong for the PETA people to raise money for what they seemed to consider a pointless exercise (not a quote) or use of money; that isn't really for us to decide, now is it? I am of the opinion that as citizens of this country, the PETA people are free to solicit funds for their activities, so long as those activities are legal. I personally don't give to "feed the hungry" campaigns, because (amongst other reasons) i see no reason to encourage overpopulation in areas where it has become such a problem as to cause widespread starvation/malnutrition. Such conditions are likely to breed the next worldwide pandemic. I would rather contribute to an organization that keeps me from seeing as many stray cats on my way to work.

No, i am not a member of or contributor to PETA. I have & do contribute to animal rescue and care organizations.

I wonder, if a charity was started to deliver hay & such to feed a population of deer or elk starving due to their own overpopulation (and arguably from displacement by humans), would people think that was a good idea? edit* upon re-reading, this seems a bit mean; contribute to whichever charities you wish, and i will do the same.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-07-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

No, gello, it was not PETA, but the OP asked if we have this in the US.

First, there is a horrible show "I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here!" so yes

The animal 'rights' group is similar to PETA, so yes.

Both are abominations, imo. Hell, they even had Stuttering John Melendez as one of the celebs once.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!