We're Moving! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > We're Moving!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
You & your wife sound young enough to deal with the stress of todays low employment conditions. You'll do just fine. Sometimes, things just don't go according to the original plans and you end up doing things you never thought you would. The kicker is, you may discover that working on cars is not only a good living, but an enjoyable one for you. I probably changed jobs/careers two dozen times in my youth.
I know I'll enjoy restoring/working on cars, I've been doing it since I was 12. Started out on dirt bikes when I was 8. My dad has been a good teacher.

Thanks for all the support guys, I'll let you know how things work out.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry to dig up an old thread but we've finally found a house to rent. It's not perfect but it's much better then where we're at now. It's in the country, well water, wood stove, hardwoods, has a 1/4 basement I can turn into my reloading/gun building haven. God has certainly provided for us. It was only open for 2 days before we found it, stopped on our way home from her parents, went thru the house 15 minutes later, told them we'd take it the next day. The owners lowered the price due to the hard times so they would be able to rent it easier which dropped it right into the middle of our price range. Plus it puts use closer to family, and closer to jobs we would both love to get into. My wife is waiting for an interview to be scheduled at a nearby highschool for a position as an art teacher. I've got the rstoration job lined up and he's just a 10 minute drive.
Now I just have to figure out how to move in 2 weeks!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks for the good news. Always exciting moving into new digs.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Congrats and good luck in the new house! Any ranges nearby?

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Congrats and good luck in the new house! Any ranges nearby?
I know of some, but have never been to them. I'm hoping I wont need a range for pistol/22 and maybe shotgun. There is a bunch of land behind the house with nothing on it and from our land its going up hill. So I can stand on our land and be shooting into a hill and as long as the owner doesn't mind the bullets ending up burried somewhere in his hill I know I can shoot pistol/22 by stepping out the back door. I need to do some more exploring and meet the neighbors because their is enough land there for rifle too, I just need permission.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I know of some, but have never been to them. I'm hoping I wont need a range for pistol/22 and maybe shotgun. There is a bunch of land behind the house with nothing on it and from our land its going up hill. So I can stand on our land and be shooting into a hill and as long as the owner doesn't mind the bullets ending up burried somewhere in his hill I know I can shoot pistol/22 by stepping out the back door. I need to do some more exploring and meet the neighbors because their is enough land there for rifle too, I just need permission.

Great deal! I used to shoot out my back door at my last house - and my neighbor across the street was a gun nut also. It was just the two of us on top of a mountain on a cul-de-sac surrounded by Nature Conservancy land chock full of deer and turkey. Now I have to drive 7 miles to my property outside the of village I live in to go shooting - but it still beats going to a public range!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Great news. Please keep us informed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Thats great to hear, gotta love being able to shoot out your back door. I used to when I had some crappy neighbors living next door(i'd shoot at least 25 rounds a day through my handgun), however now I have some really good neighbors and I dont want them to get upset or force them to move because I'm squezzing off rounds daily...either way at least Handgunners is only 3 miles up the road. So how far is the new pad from burlington? If I wasn't gonna be out of town the next two weekends i'd offer a hand with the boxes...hope everything goes smoothly for ya.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
Thats great to hear, gotta love being able to shoot out your back door. I used to when I had some crappy neighbors living next door(i'd shoot at least 25 rounds a day through my handgun), however now I have some really good neighbors and I dont want them to get upset or force them to move because I'm squezzing off rounds daily...either way at least Handgunners is only 3 miles up the road. So how far is the new pad from burlington? If I wasn't gonna be out of town the next two weekends i'd offer a hand with the boxes...hope everything goes smoothly for ya.
Thanks for the offer! Anyone else that wants to help is more then welcome...

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #20

I just went through a very similar situation myself; a job change and move, etc. I actually wound up moving AWAY from the Piedmont area of NC. I lived/worked in the Lexington, Winston-Salem area and moved back to my home town of Fredericksburg, VA in May.

If you ever get down to Marshville, on the other side of Charlotte, head over to Kingdom Arms! They're online at Kingdom Arms. GREAT people. A family-run, Christian place for firearms and paintball! Tell them Josh sent you. They might open fire, but hey it's worth a try...

Best wishes in your new endeavors! Keep us informed on how it all shakes out.

http://www.joshuasilverman.com