Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   We're Moving! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/were-moving-13971/)

spittinfire 05-19-2009 03:04 PM

We're Moving!

Well, the wife and I have finally made the decision to move after a lot of thought and prayer. Itís been a crazy ride that started with me losing my job in January which if that had not happened none of this would be going on. God definitely had a plan for us when He started all this and Iím glad he did because for a while I didnít have a clue what I should be doing. Now we just have to find a place to live!

My wife just graduated college(magna cum laude) with a degree in art and education. In her job search 2 opportunities as an art teacher have opened out about 2 hours from where we currently live in Catawba county, thats the Newton/Denver area for those of you in NC. She's also had a job open up as a manager with Eddie Bauer in a mall close by, she's been working there part time while in college. While not her dream job it is something she doesn't mind and would be a source of income until she finds a teaching position.

I've also got the opportunity to do something I've always dreamed of doing for a career but didn't think it would work out. I'll be restoring cars for a living with a guy I worked for during college, he does high end, custom restorations on early Broncos. Along with that my dad has a business doing high performance drive line work in old muscle cars. He's also a Tremec transmission dealer so we do a lot of 5 and 6 speed conversions. I'll be working part time for both of them to make a full work week.

Any guys down that way want to meet up at a local range or something? Iíll need to make some new friends in the area.

skullcrusher 05-19-2009 03:10 PM

Good to hear, spittinfire! Sounds like things are looking up down your way. Not knowing NC, is your move gonna be to a city or to that beautiful NC countryside?

I wish good luck to you and your family. :D

CA357 05-19-2009 03:11 PM

Best wishes for you both and God bless.

Jo da Plumbr 05-19-2009 03:12 PM

Good luck with the move and the new job. Let us know how your doing.

spittinfire 05-19-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 107215)
Good to hear, spittinfire! Sounds like things are looking up down your way. Not knowing NC, is your move gonna be to a city or to that beautiful NC countryside?

I wish good luck to you and your family. :D

We'll be out in the country, the rolling hills of the peidmont. Once we get settled in to our new jobs we are going to be looking to buy our first house, exciting times!

I forgot to add their websites in case anyone is interested. Check out
www.campbellgeartech.com and www.nickstrix.com

Minionsram 05-19-2009 10:42 PM

Good luck Brother! you are gonna need it:)

7.62 Man 05-20-2009 01:05 AM

Moving & Devorce are the two most stressfull things in any persons life.

I wish you & your wife Good Luck.

Gojubrian 05-20-2009 07:22 AM

GREAT!! I especially like that you took it to the Lord in prayer. That's scripture in action right there buddy.
:)

dog2000tj 05-20-2009 10:32 AM

Congrats on the good news. Good luck.:)

Mark F 05-20-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 107214)
Well, the wife and I have finally made the decision to move after a lot of thought and prayer. Itís been a crazy ride that started with me losing my job in January which if that had not happened none of this would be going on. God definitely had a plan for us when He started all this and Iím glad he did because for a while I didnít have a clue what I should be doing. Now we just have to find a place to live!

My wife just graduated college(magna cum laude) with a degree in art and education. In her job search 2 opportunities as an art teacher have opened out about 2 hours from where we currently live in Catawba county, thats the Newton/Denver area for those of you in NC. She's also had a job open up as a manager with Eddie Bauer in a mall close by, she's been working there part time while in college. While not her dream job it is something she doesn't mind and would be a source of income until she finds a teaching position.

I've also got the opportunity to do something I've always dreamed of doing for a career but didn't think it would work out. I'll be restoring cars for a living with a guy I worked for during college, he does high end, custom restorations on early Broncos. Along with that my dad has a business doing high performance drive line work in old muscle cars. He's also a Tremec transmission dealer so we do a lot of 5 and 6 speed conversions. I'll be working part time for both of them to make a full work week.

Any guys down that way want to meet up at a local range or something? Iíll need to make some new friends in the area.

You & your wife sound young enough to deal with the stress of todays low employment conditions. You'll do just fine. Sometimes, things just don't go according to the original plans and you end up doing things you never thought you would. The kicker is, you may discover that working on cars is not only a good living, but an enjoyable one for you. I probably changed jobs/careers two dozen times in my youth.