Were did all the ladies go..? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Were did all the ladies go..?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
All you ladies are beautiful and not only that your above average smart. Your gun owners aren't you? Nuff said.
That's something I've noticed about women and guns. I haven't met a dumb female gun owner yet. I've met many STUPID male gun owners though. And a lot of idiot NON gun owners of BOTH genders, but it seems that unintelligent women with guns just don't exist anywhere that I've looked.

A don't count the ones on youtube who are set up for failure by demonic boyfriends for the sake of a supposedly funny video.
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #22

Liked 160 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I hate seeing those videos where the girl is set up by someone to get knocked on her a**, not only is it mean, but someone could seriously be shot or hurt by a accidental discharge when she falls. Now the ladies that think they are badarses and can do anything they want without taking the time to learn proper shooting/safety methods, I do kinda giggle at those cause they kinda asked for it. :P

I don't understand why more women aren't gun people, but I guess to each their own.
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #23

Last night I whipped out a shotgun my buddy gave me to clean, in front of the my niece's school principal.

Now this woman is middle aged, and a very touchy feely type. She runs a montessori school. Now, I like montessori, but there's a very evident trend of the teachers and admin being very new agey hipster.

I'd always presumed her to be pretty much a die hard liberal, and I pretty much pulled it out to show a friend who I know is into guns, and I thought it would be kinda funny to watch this hipsterfied, touchy feely, die hard liberal type squirm. Mean, yes. Non productive to our cause, yes. But... oh well.

So I whip out this remmy 870 with rear pistol grip and extended tube, and the lady, who was standing behind my buddy, says...

"oh my god.... it's beautiful."

Oh really? Not what I expected. Not at all. She wanted to shoot it. Right there in the parking lot of the mexican restaurant we were leaving. "no hon, that's illegal."
"but we have a cop with us!"
Cop speaks up, "no ma'am, it's still illegal."

Then I remember I'm friends with her daughter on facebook. Her daughter is my niece's teacher. She's young, pretty cute, totally just like her mom, hipster too. And I recalled about a year ago (about the last time she posted on facebook, she doesn't use it much) she posted pics and videos of herself shooting the new AR her fiancee had got her, and videos of herself having a blast at a machinegun shoot. In her homemade dress, feathers in her hair, beads HANGING EVERYWHERE, and funny hairband doodad thingy.

I realized... I'd been entirely ineffectual at finding someone to tease. Bummer.

Sorry so long. Thought it relevant considering they're both women, and you just never can tell with some folks.
dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #24

I'll point out, I wasn't trying to tease her because she's a woman. It was because I just KNEW she's go into shock at me pulling that out in the parking lot of a restaurant. Yet my sis in law's dad is the one who got into my car one time and says, "holy crap! I can't ride in here! There's guns everywhere! How many do you have in here?"

"uh.. I don't know. They're not all mine. That one you sat on is my stepdad's. The one in the door is one of mine. The one on the dash is my mom's. I think there's a few shotguns in the trunk... oh, there's two more in the glove box..."

But it became evident he didn't want to ride with me because they were GUNS, not because they were in the way.
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #25

Sunday my hubby and I were walking into a store and this nicely dressed (cowboy hat, sport coat) gentleman hopped out of his dually, and asked if he could take a picture of my husband and I walking into the store, because we were OC. He said he was from Texas and no way his buddies would believe that people OC just going about their daily duties, let alone a pretty little lady. I thought it was funny.
dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 179 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default Love my .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenGlamis View Post
Ms. LaFaye my hat is off to you, and dang now I want to shoot that big ol .500!

I am around, been off work for a week now so I can make sure y'all stay in line. :P
Thanks haven't shot her lately, but my .500 is a fav of mine. My Texas tomato video still give me a rush of excitement lol

You Tube Teri LaFaye one handed shooting 500
www.youtube.com/user/sassyonyx
dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default southern

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Mrs. LAfaye kinda reminds me of my mom by her pics. She has what seems to be a southern belle rebel thing going on!

I bet my mom would love to touch off a couple from that 500 too!
ha ha I am about as southern as you can get! Your mom has to be great then! (us southerners do tend to stick together!)

dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenGlamis View Post
I hate seeing those videos where the girl is set up by someone to get knocked on her a**, not only is it mean, but someone could seriously be shot or hurt by a accidental discharge when she falls. Now the ladies that think they are badarses and can do anything they want without taking the time to learn proper shooting/safety methods, I do kinda giggle at those cause they kinda asked for it. :P

I don't understand why more women aren't gun people, but I guess to each their own.
I hate that too...I am shocked at how stupid some can be but hey, I put one out there shooting Kenny's 870 pump shotgun that is hilarious and it nearly ripped my finger off! (haven't mastered it yet....not that I am scared, but I will say I haven't shot it since that day). The video is a good example of what 'not to do" lol

dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by terilafaye View Post
I hate that too...I am shocked at how stupid some can be but hey, I put one out there shooting Kenny's 870 pump shotgun that is hilarious and it nearly ripped my finger off! (haven't mastered it yet....not that I am scared, but I will say I haven't shot it since that day). The video is a good example of what 'not to do" lol
LOL well I got a 870 Wingmaster 20GA for Christmas and I shot the heck out of it last weekend! It is a fun one!!! Granted i only had birdshot but if you are having a good time with friends and family, then that is what matters! You should give a 20GA a try, I bet you'd love it! If you can wrangle that .500 then don't let a shotgun get ya down, just find one that you like!
dango Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by terilafaye View Post
Hello everyone! I have been very busy lately but haven't forgotten about you all. My video of the .500 is over 1 million and climbing woo hoo!

I just got my second book published and copies available now. If anyone is interested let me know. I am offering them to my friends and family discounted for $5.00 each. They will list on my website and Amazon.com for $10.95. I sold over 60 in the first two days upon getting them on Christmas Eve. Santa got my letter for sure!

My husband and I now have our Federal Firearms licenses and so that has been an added plus as well.

Glad to be back and hope someone missed me.
lol
Teri LaFaye
p.s. I got me a holster for my .500 for Christmas!
Welcome back Teri, I had been wondering where you went, I figured you were traveling.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
People Like This