Went To The Top Of The Mountain To See What Was On The Otherside.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Went To The Top Of The Mountain To See What Was On The Otherside.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Went To The Top Of The Mountain To See What Was On The Otherside.

Friends,
I am sorry I have not been onboard and putting my two cents in. I am a Disabled Veteran and the injury I sustained has almost put me down. I am going for MRI's on upper and lower back and neck and on too Duke to talk about surgery. If they cannot guarentee me 100% fix, then I will not let them cut. Especially with everything about to explode all over the world. Had a friend get called off leave early and his ships had already departed heading for you all know where and he was having to fly over to meet them. Wonder what is about to happen. Israel doing a emergency drill, issuing gas masks and Chemical Suits to everyone. They are removing all extra arms and ammo and reissuing it to the civialn population. they have moved and reenforced their Northern borders and are preparing near Gaza. Syria has moved two tank brigades into the Bekava Valley to bloster Hezbala. If the s--t hits the fan, we can expect the sleeper cells here and all over to come active and you can imanage what will happen. They stated that if there were 100 sleepers put here in the US, say twenty years ago, maybe 40 of them will have soften their views towards the west and will not carry thru with their tast, but the other 60 will do as they were instructed. I hope and pray the FBI and the other Fed's are on to them and can stop many. I have to give them credit for stopping many who have had bad thoughts towards us. I would say a person had better have at least two weeks of food and supplies ready and some cash on hand, ( if the dollars is worth anything anymore)
Anyone out there know of a cheap pump shotgun in the 12 guage? I have plenty of ammo and such, but need a blaster for in home protection.
You all take care and I will try to be more friendly from now on and not a stranger. You all do write some great articles. I have learned a lot from you all. I will be looking at the survival site to see if I missed anything and see if I can learn more. May GOD watch over and bless everyone of you and your families in the coming storm and keep you all safe and well through it all!
Standingbear

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #2

Not too fear brave warrior, Hezbola do not operate outside the Middle East and as of 4pm Central European time no Syrian military units have moved into southern Lebanon. Another incursion into Lebanon by the IDF would not be too popular at the moment, Hezbola held them last year and they took a lot of casualties. The Syrians do have a number of military advisors still there and of course substantial influence in some quarters.

There are substantial Israeli forces on the southern border with Gaza and their security has been reinforced with tanks who have recently made incursions into Gaza in order, they say to attempt to prevent rocket attacks from inside Gaza.

I would imagine that there are terrorist operatives active all over the West, all we can do is in major population areas is to be vigil. 12 gauge is not a bad idea though.

I trust all goes well with your MRI scan and that they are able to resolve your medical problems, or at least bring you to a point where the pain can be managed to give a better quatity of life.

David.........

Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Another incursion into Lebanon by the IDF would not be too popular at the moment, Hezbola held them last year and they took a lot of casualties.
If anyone held anyone back, it was Israel holding itself back. Clearly, it lost that pseudo-war. But had Netanyahu been at the helm instead of Olmert, the outcome would have been very different, I think.

Israelis will not tolerate much more abuse from Hamas in Gaza or Fatah on the West Bank or the swine in Iran/Syria/Lebanon, and most of all, they won't tolerate much more abuse from their own government. It could get interesting in that part of the world very quickly and possibly very soon.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
If anyone held anyone back, it was Israel holding itself back. Clearly, it lost that pseudo-war. But had Netanyahu been at the helm instead of Olmert, the outcome would have been very different, I think.

Israelis will not tolerate much more abuse from Hamas in Gaza or Fatah on the West Bank or the swine in Iran/Syria/Lebanon, and most of all, they won't tolerate much more abuse from their own government. It could get interesting in that part of the world very quickly and possibly very soon.
I don't think the IDF was held back at all last year, Hezbola was extremely well organised, trained and equipped. The Israelis took it out on the Lebanese people, with indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas, they are clearly in the middle.

This dispute will not ever be solved though the barrel of the gun, but whilst the State of Israel refuse to acknowledge the UN mandate and resolutions, and refuse to withdraw to original borders there will never be peace. Their blatant ethnic cleansing is a disgrace. But no one is allowed to criticize them. Their whole state was founded by terrorism. I will in no way condone terrorism but given the plight of the Palestians you can understand why fight the way they do.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
I don't think the IDF was held back at all last year, Hezbola was extremely well organised, trained and equipped. The Israelis took it out on the Lebanese people, with indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas, they are clearly in the middle.
'Scuse me? The pigs raining rockets down on Israeli civilians were storing their rocket batteries in residential garages. Hamas hid among the civilians, using them as human shields. The IDF could not attack Hamas without causing heavy civilian casualties.

Olmert-the-limp-wristed felt pressured not to let his forces attack and clean up the problem. Now, Hamas is re-armed and probably better armed. Israel's problem has grown worse, not better, and the world thinks no better of Israel as a result of it showing restraint.

Quote:
This dispute will not ever be solved though the barrel of the gun, but whilst the State of Israel refuse to acknowledge the UN mandate and resolutions, and refuse to withdraw to original borders there will never be peace.
That is nonsense. Jordanian, Egyptian, Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian and Lebanese expats euphemistically known as "Palestinians" want Israel gone. Period.

Israel must bow to U.N. resolutions, yet the arabs living in the area known as "palestine" do not have to recognize the U.N. decision to create the state of Israel? That's not entirely fair, don't you think?

It may be possible for Israel to go back to its original borders. (Though I think the intended corpus separatum status of Jerusalem is a non-starter with most Israelis.) But there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that aggression against Israel would cease if they did.

Israel ceded the Gaza Strip in a good-will gesture, leaving buildings, hospitals, and infrastructure in place. What did the arabs do? They trashed the place completely and used Gaza as a place from which to launch attacks against Israel.

Who are those living in Gaza dependent on for power, water, etc? Israel. Why not Egypt? Why not some other country? Why not themselves?

Quote:
Their blatant ethnic cleansing is a disgrace. But no one is allowed to criticize them.
Arafat was offered huge concessions on the part of Israel. In fact, Israel gave him what he had originally asked for. But rather than accept, he got up and walked out. He did not want peace. Fatah and Hamas do not want peace. They want Israel gone and the Jews out. It is the Arabs, not the Israelis, who are engaging in ethnic cleansing.

Quote:
Their whole state was founded by terrorism. I will in no way condone terrorism but given the plight of the Palestians you can understand why fight the way they do.
No, I really can't. I understand the Balfour Accord. I understand the British Mandate of Trans-Jordan. The land in question was Britain's to give to the Jews, and the borders were drawn appropriately. Who were the aggressors in the 1948 war? Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon. The arabs declared their "al naqba" (the catastrophe) and tried to wipe Israel off the map. Who was terrorizing who?

Since then, Israel has suffered more attacks than any other country yet it has the power to take care of the problem. It has shown remarkable restraint. The world will probably have Abdul Qadeer Khan, Pakistan's scientist who developed their nuclear weapons, should all hell break loose.

Last edited by bkt; 04-10-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #6

it was the united nations bright idea in the first place that has caused these problems for the israeli people, i dont believe it would be wise to follow the un's mandates. as a nation surrounded by hostile people who would love to wipe out israel i believe israel has been rather mellow throughout the years. if america were in israels position all the surrounding nations would be reduced to rubble. if mexicans started hitting american cities with rockets/mortars claiming they wanted the southeast united states back how do you think that would fly? do you think if the united nations said "well thats mexican land you are illegally in occupation of so please uh, just give it back" do you think we would listen? all the talk i hear coming out of the mideast is "death to israel, death to america". war leads to war and it would be foolish of israel not to fight back.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingbear View Post
Friends,

Anyone out there know of a cheap pump shotgun in the 12 guage? I have plenty of ammo and such, but need a blaster for in home protection.
I would suggest remington 870. It has tons of options and is very reliable. Mine still has yet to jam, and I have used it alot.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #8

No, I really can't. I understand the Balfour Accord. I understand the British Mandate of Trans-Jordan. The land in question was Britain's to give to the Jews, and the borders were drawn appropriately. Who were the aggressors in the 1948 war? Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon. The arabs declared their "al naqba" (the catastrophe) and tried to wipe Israel off the map. Who was terrorizing who?

Well as for terrorism you could ask my father he was blown up outside the St David's Hotel, and as he was in the Royal Engineers (bomb Disposal) at the time he was also present at the orange grove in Hifa where they recovered the bodies of two Brtish sergeants hung from the trees, he jewish terrorist group (the Stearn Gang) rigged the bodies with grenades as a booby trap for the medics.

As I said I do not agree with any form of terrorism. The rocket attacks from Gaza should be condemed fortunately there have been few casualties and sadly one death. The reprisals on the Palestinian population has been disproportionate, and with no standing army the obviously feel that resistance is their only option. The suicide attacks can be traced back directly to the attack on inoccent civilians at prayer at the El Axia Mosque, in which a IDF reservist with the cooperation if local military entered the building and started to shoot and grenade the congregation. The Isrealis have place a stone comemorating the event outside.

Palestine was not British, we where the occuping force, it had been promised to the Arabs after the Great War. An accomodation was made due to the pressure from the Americans to give the Jews a homeland.

To resolve the conflict you must also look at both sides......

Old 04-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #9

Boris, you are always a voice of reason: people object to land they live on being reassigned by other nations? promises broken to garner poltical goodwill with another nation? unforseen consequences being dealt with 60 years later? it is never a clear cut issue w/o going back and studying history.

movie zombie

Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I think the saddest commentary is that all that blood has been shed over different religious beliefs. Believe what I believe or I am going to kill you - A great way to ingratiate yourself to the supreme being in the afterlife, assuming one exists. I like pie. What? You like cake? BANG! Heathen.

More blood has been shed since the dawn of time over one person's view of what is "right in their religion/belief/mythos" than for any other reason on the planet.

And "Society" will claim that someone who kills the criminal that raped/murdered/assualted, say, a member of their family, is wrong and needs to be punished. :WTF: