You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Well, I might be screwed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5291 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 27846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Kfox, before you sell off any of the collection, go back to the ones you owe for this and see what negotiations can take place as far as amount you owe, and payment options. Some of these places will essentially give you interest free loans if you establish a payment plan and stick to it. You will probably have to take the request past whoever answers the phone. You need someone with the authority to say yes. The first level will not have that.

Good to see you are doing better. Hope the recovery accelerates.
I set up an appointment with the head of billing for St Vincent's on Tuesday, to talk with her about financing options and payment plans. My out of pocket there is less than $800, and there's a couple hundred in other departments there (Ansthesia, X Ray and CT) that I want to try to roll into one single bill, as they are all based there.

Aside from that, I have a few $5 to $15 ones for lab services and the VNA, most of which are now paid off. Figured it's best to take care of the massive amout on little bills first, then try to roll the bigger ones into a single bill.

Either way, it still beats my hospital bill, surgery and my stay, of $53,800 alone. Medicare and a good secondary. Well worth the cost each month.

ALL Lives Matter.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold Southern Values.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY
dango Likes This 
Old 02-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #122

Liked 930 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 990

kfox, they'll work with you. Just don't let them know you might have to sell off some firearms to pay the bill. Then, they'll dig their heels in!

Hang in there!
People Like This 
Old 02-18-2017, 03:40 AM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5291 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 27846

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF22553 View Post
kfox, they'll work with you. Just don't let them know you might have to sell off some firearms to pay the bill. Then, they'll dig their heels in!

Hang in there!
Roger that.

The only income they will find out about is what I make via SSDI, and what my current monthly bills are. That's all they need to know.

after the negotiation, i can slip extra in from other work, such as the airbrushing and pinstripe jobs i have lined up in the Spring, which will help to drop the amount owed a fair amount. I can also come in with part of it right off the bat, after designing a kutte (Club Patch) for a local riding club, which the oficers signed off on, and paid for today.

And yes, they did go to the local MCs for approval, as did I, before they formed, and before I even touched the paper with the first pencil. ironically, it's a women's club, and their Prez is the wife of the Prez of another RC. Both are 2 piece patches.

guess they just got tired of always having to ride on the back. Can't blame 'em on that one.

ALL Lives Matter.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold Southern Values.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY
People Like This