Well done LAPD

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Well done LAPD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Well done LAPD

So the Lakers won the championship in a last minute comeback. YeeeHaaa!

And then the fight started.

Crowds had been gathering outside Staples center waiting for the celebration. Almost immediately azzwipes started trouble. But this year LAPD was ready. The cops had massive numbers with riot gear on, helicopters overhead, and full deployment of their mounted division. I was watching on live news as they lit the first bonfire. PD formed a running V formation that cut through the crowd like a knife. The scum scattered like roaches in the light. Fire department was right behind with extinguishers. The PD moved the crowd out and when they took a standoff PD fired rubber bullets. More roaches running. There were still pockets of trouble with cars damaged and some windows broken. But the LAPD was quick to show up and move the lowlifes along. Quite a few arrests were made, some injuries and a couple of fights, but all in all given the crowd of 20,000 plus the LAPD did an excellent job.

In fact the worst violence seems to have been at my house. Some dumb possum tried to get at our orange tree and Roscoe tore him up. No worries though. I think the possum was a Celtics fan. He had the beady eyes and weasely looks of a Celtics fan. And Roscoe has a cool new scar on his face to show for the battle.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey Jo, glad the cops had it under control,I just cannot understand why residents of a city would destroy their own community to CELEBRATE!!

I guess Roscoe gets an extra treat for gettin rid of that Celtics fan!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Glad to hear the boys in blue were there to keep the crowd under control. Plus one for LAPD.

And plus a HUGE one for Roscoe!! Way to go pup!!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Hey Jo, glad the cops had it under control,I just cannot understand why residents of a city would destroy their own community to CELEBRATE!!
I couldn't agree more.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Glad to hear everything was taken care of Jo, as mentioned, great crowd control and tactics by the boys in blue.

kudos to 'ol Roscoe for taking it to that pesky possum!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congratulations to the LAPD for keeeping the "any excuse to riot" idiots under control.

Glad Roscoe's OK, after his run in with the possum.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Glad to hear the boys in blue were there to keep the crowd under control. Plus one for LAPD.

And plus a HUGE one for Roscoe!! Way to go pup!!
+1

Great story!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The sad thing here is the simple fact that a riot was expected. That really says something about the condition of society.

I'm sorry to hear about Roscoe's battle scar.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post

I'm sorry to hear about Roscoe's battle scar.
Thanks CA.
Roscoe didn't seem to even notice the wound. He was just upset I wouldn't let him bring the damn possum in the house.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2952 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Of course the "mainstream news" did not say anything about the would be riot because LAPD did a good job. It is only news when it appears LE screwed up.
Give Roscoe a pat on the head for me and tell him the big mean man won't try to scare him again

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball