Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Well done LAPD (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/well-done-lapd-28466/)

Jo da Plumbr 06-18-2010 01:58 PM

Well done LAPD

So the Lakers won the championship in a last minute comeback. YeeeHaaa!

And then the fight started.

Crowds had been gathering outside Staples center waiting for the celebration. Almost immediately azzwipes started trouble. But this year LAPD was ready. The cops had massive numbers with riot gear on, helicopters overhead, and full deployment of their mounted division. I was watching on live news as they lit the first bonfire. PD formed a running V formation that cut through the crowd like a knife. The scum scattered like roaches in the light. Fire department was right behind with extinguishers. The PD moved the crowd out and when they took a standoff PD fired rubber bullets. More roaches running. There were still pockets of trouble with cars damaged and some windows broken. But the LAPD was quick to show up and move the lowlifes along. Quite a few arrests were made, some injuries and a couple of fights, but all in all given the crowd of 20,000 plus the LAPD did an excellent job.

In fact the worst violence seems to have been at my house. Some dumb possum tried to get at our orange tree and Roscoe tore him up. No worries though. I think the possum was a Celtics fan. He had the beady eyes and weasely looks of a Celtics fan. And Roscoe has a cool new scar on his face to show for the battle.

pandamonium 06-18-2010 02:21 PM

Hey Jo, glad the cops had it under control,I just cannot understand why residents of a city would destroy their own community to CELEBRATE!!

I guess Roscoe gets an extra treat for gettin rid of that Celtics fan!

Dillinger 06-18-2010 02:43 PM

Glad to hear the boys in blue were there to keep the crowd under control. Plus one for LAPD.

And plus a HUGE one for Roscoe!! Way to go pup!!

VitSports6 06-18-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandamonium (Post 301971)
Hey Jo, glad the cops had it under control,I just cannot understand why residents of a city would destroy their own community to CELEBRATE!!

I couldn't agree more.

IGETEVEN 06-18-2010 03:18 PM

Glad to hear everything was taken care of Jo, as mentioned, great crowd control and tactics by the boys in blue.

kudos to 'ol Roscoe for taking it to that pesky possum! :D

Jack

dunerunner 06-18-2010 03:51 PM

Congratulations to the LAPD for keeeping the "any excuse to riot" idiots under control.

Glad Roscoe's OK, after his run in with the possum.

Gojubrian 06-18-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 301984)
Glad to hear the boys in blue were there to keep the crowd under control. Plus one for LAPD.

And plus a HUGE one for Roscoe!! Way to go pup!!

+1

Great story!

CA357 06-18-2010 05:47 PM

The sad thing here is the simple fact that a riot was expected. That really says something about the condition of society.

I'm sorry to hear about Roscoe's battle scar.

Jo da Plumbr 06-18-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 302154)

I'm sorry to hear about Roscoe's battle scar.

Thanks CA.
Roscoe didn't seem to even notice the wound. He was just upset I wouldn't let him bring the damn possum in the house. :eek:

robocop10mm 06-21-2010 01:31 PM

Of course the "mainstream news" did not say anything about the would be riot because LAPD did a good job. It is only news when it appears LE screwed up.
Give Roscoe a pat on the head for me and tell him the big mean man won't try to scare him again;)