Well Bloomberg?? Got something to say ???... Didn't think so. - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Well Bloomberg?? Got something to say ???... Didn't think so.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The officer has reportedly been fired from the force. And he was "worried about blowing his cover"? Kinda blew that call when you bashed out the back window, dint ya?
"Blowing his cover"???? ... over what ?? Exactly what was he investigating ?? Regardless of how "deep" your cover is, are you going to stand there and let a person (innocent or not) possibly get killed ?? ...OR are you going to take your oath of "protect & serve" seriously and step in ??? I guess it's hard to decide when you're participating in a mob mentality..... He left that up to another average Joe going to church, who himself could have been harmed (God bless and keep that guy!).

It's a disgrace to the badge. Fire him, charge him, prosecute him and hold him up as an example. NO one should be above the law!!
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
"Blowing his cover"???? ... over what ?? Exactly what was he investigating ?? Regardless of how "deep" your cover is, are you going to stand there and let a person (innocent or not) possibly get killed ?? ...OR are you going to take your oath of "protect & serve" seriously and step in ??? I guess it's hard to decide when you're participating in a mob mentality..... He left that up to another average Joe going to church, who himself could have been harmed (God bless and keep that guy!).

It's a disgrace to the badge. Fire him, charge him, prosecute him and hold him up as an example. NO one should be above the law!!
The earliest reports on the guy said he was not willing to break cover to help. That was before he was caught on camera smashing out the back window.

I agree, he needs to be prosecuted.
orangello Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #43

Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
OR are you going to take your oath of "protect & serve" seriously and step in ???

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f169/anti-2nd-reporter-taken-down-facts-98252/

According this the courts have ruled cops aren't required to serve and protect.....

I'm not on the side of the cyclist here had it been me i would have called the cops,never got off the highway and driven until cops arrived and dispatched the madness or when they ran out of gas(hoping i had more then they did)

This was a lose lose situation for all.

Edit**

Didn't wanna sound like a wuss, no way would i have used my gun, they would have over run the suv worse then it already was

Last edited by grandpubba; 10-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpubba View Post
1) According this the courts have ruled cops aren't required to serve and protect.....

2) This was a lose lose situation for all.

3) Didn't wanna sound like a wuss, no way would i have used my gun, they would have over run the suv worse then it already was
#1... and there in lies one of the true underlying problems in our society today.
#2 ... You got that one right my friend.
#3 .... Disagree. Mobs may have the numbers, but actions are bolstered by anonymity and cowardness. You fire off a round or two toward the threat and I can guarantee very few will then want to step up to try that lottery. If faced with a mob hell bent to hurt me...and my FAMILY is also in danger.... ALL BETS ARE OFF !!!!
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Quote:
#1... and there in lies one of the true underlying problems in our society today.
#2 ... You got that one right my friend.
#3 .... Disagree. Mobs may have the numbers, but actions are bolstered by anonymity and cowardness. You fire off a round or two toward the threat and I can guarantee very few will then want to step up to try that lottery. If faced with a mob hell bent to hurt me...and my FAMILY is also in danger.... ALL BETS ARE OFF !!!!
What was it Steve Martins said in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" when the Nazi's were facing off against him? There were like 10 of them and he had a P-38.

Nazi: That gun only holds 7 rounds and there are 10 of us...

Steve: Yeah but who of you wants to die first?

Nazi's: Grumble, grumble, grumble
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
What was it Steve Martins said in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" when the Nazi's were facing off against him? There were like 10 of them and he had a P-38.

Nazi: That gun only holds 7 rounds and there are 10 of us...

Steve: Yeah but who of you wants to die first?

Nazi's: Grumble, grumble, grumble
Ha-ha!! I forgot about that film!! One his better movies. There was another line from that film I love... "One more step and I'll fill you so full of lead they'll be able to use your dick as a pencil !!"

...I was thinking more along the lines of "Wyatt Earp" at the end when he's guarding the lone prisoner (X's bassist John Doe) in front of the jail by himself from a lynch mob;
Cowboys; "Let's rush him... You can't take all of us!"
Earp; "That's true... You got more than enough here to do the job... But you'll be the first one I shoot.. Then you'll be second, Bill... Then it really won't matter much what happens after that, now does it? .... So if any of you other brave men want to step up... Go ahead.... and we'll all go together!!"

...and before anybody else says it... "Tombstone" was a better movie.
orangello Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #47

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Ha-ha!! I forgot about that film!! One his better movies. There was another line from that film I love... "One more step and I'll fill you so full of lead they'll be able to use your dick as a pencil !!"

Wasn't that actually from Three Amigos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #48

Liked 48 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
I will use any means necessary to protect my family. You might be right, they may have scattered, I'd rather not be in the situation to test either of our theories.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
Wasn't that actually from Three Amigos?
You are correct. It was a Steve Martin line though...
"What have we got for him Bob??... A BRAND NEW CAR !!!!"
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1316 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 81

He is apparantly not watching or listening. He just gave a Million Dollars to the gun grabbing Governor Candidate in Virginia.