Well Bloomberg?? Got something to say ???... Didn't think so.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Well Bloomberg?? Got something to say ???... Didn't think so.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 700 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 1455

Default Well Bloomberg?? Got something to say ???... Didn't think so.

This took place in New York City (Manhattan to be exact)... Nanny Bloomberg's "gun free" zone.... In front of his wife and daughter...
Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/30/20759574-caught-on-video-father-with-family-in-suv-chased-beaten-by-speed-demon-bikers?lite
...and people wonder why so many CCW elsewhere in the free-er parts of our great nation ???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

A couple of things: 1) If I see a SUV vs. bikes rolling scrap in town, my money would be on the SUV. 2)Were there no police stations or police cars on or near that route?
Watching the video I saw several opportunities for "brake checks" by the SUV and more opportunities for "abrupt lane changes" resulting in a rapid reduction in the number of upright riders/bikes. If you can't drive defensively, your nanny state has probably also impaired your ability to act in your own defense with other deadly weapons like your 4000 pound rolling block-buster. edit* It looked like after the initial confrontation the SUV driver took no action to preserve his own well-being; he must have been thoroughly nannified by his state.

Quote:
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the bikers did not have a permit for the rally and the NYPD only learned of the show-boating event through social media. He said police had fanned out around Manhattan to watch for trouble, arresting 15 bikers and confiscating 55 motorcycles unrelated to the attack on the Range Rover.
from the linked article.
This part makes about as much sense as the old "beatings will cease when morale improves". The offenders were gone, so the police "profiled" a bunch of random riders for persecution?

Even without CCW, Mississippi's permit-free car carry for those over 18 would have put a damper on that crap. My usual passenger is my XD45 and a spare mag or my Bersa thunder 9 UCP with a spare mag.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 09-30-2013 at 08:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #3

Exactly !!! This speaks volumes about the mentality of the wolves ...the sheepherders ...and the especially the sheep that have all evolved as a result of the policies adopted by this "utopian mecca" that the officials involved believe should be a model for the rest of us ??!?!?
Notice you are banned from being a sheepdog in that city!!
...although I agree with your other assessment ... I am reminded of poor Reginald Denny during the L.A. riots... "HIT THE $@#!! GAS MAN!!!"

Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
......although I agree with your other assessment ... I am reminded of poor Reginald Denny during the L.A. riots... "HIT THE $@#!! GAS MAN!!!"
I was thinking: "there isn't anything behind your SUV that would stop it, back the F up rabidly (not rapidly)".

I am having trouble understanding how the trouble really started on the expressway; what happened before the bikers boxed-in the SUV resulting in the SUV driver rolling over that first bike?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #5

According to the article... the SUV clipped a bike that cut in front too close (Gee... the never do that!! ) and that lead to the whole thing... It's why I try and give a 2 wheel as much space as possible regardless of how they are riding especially on multi-lane highways... but sometimes in congested roads... opps!!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wonder, did the SUV driver avoid further contact due to instructions from the 911 operator, or had he ended the 911 call already?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #7

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

What bugs me is the guy didnt lock his doors wtf??? i cant see that happening in nc

Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
What bugs me is the guy didnt lock his doors wtf??? i cant see that happening in nc
It's hard to say from the sidelines and in hindsight. People panic when scared and he may have frozen up, gotten tunnel vision, forgot the basics of the vehicle, yadda yadda yadda...
I agree.. it won't happen here... The traffic is not as bad (most of the time) and residents have very little tolerance for rude behavior like this. There is (however) a motorcycle helmet wearing bandit in Raleigh that may soon learn that we ARE a carry/conceal state... the hard way!!

IF that were to happen to me I would concentrate on 1) evaluation of the threat 2) keeping my family behind me and/or safe & out of the way 3) what to do to respond to the threat and 4) the tool(s) I will use to neutralize said threat... at least I try and prepare through range time and some urban tactical classes.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 49

He stopped going because his tires were slashed by the bikers his doors were locked they smashed out his ds window with a helmet. This guy is a big time director of a company in NYC he has the money and the ability to get a NYC pistol permit and a state permit. More likely he is either a liberal or someone who just didn't care for guns but I betcha this situation changes his mind

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

After watching the video again, I think my planned response to a bunch of pissed off bikers on crotch rockets will be to 1)drive at 10-15 mph (too slow for full stability on many bikes) 2)swerve left to right enough to stop ALL traffic behind me and the group to attract traffic police response & bring traffic pressure from behind bikes 3) random brake checks (darn raccoons) 4) pistol on ready.

You gotta feel bad for the guy; can you imagine the screaming in his car during that ride, whew!

If you have more ground clearance than a compact, you can ride on your rims; it just won't be fun.

People Like This