Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Well , am I stupid or what ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17318

Default Well , am I stupid or what ?

About a year go , we had a new neighbor move in just down the hill from us .Him and his younger wife decided to force their friend ship upon us .

Heavy drinker and a bit of a pest . He asked me for a few favors , tools and things to do some major repairs on there house . Being the good neighbor , I told him I do not loan tools but I would help him .

I went to town , about a 25 minute drive and the neighbor had come to my shop to borrow tools to fix something . He took it upon him self to go into my shop and take it .

I live with an old friend that I have known since we were kids . He's handicapped and not in the best physical shape . This neighbor is a rather large fellow , 240-ish , 6+ ft. Tall and an ass . Braggart , tough guy , bully , you know the type .

I went down to confront the guy and get my tools back . I walk with a hand made cane which I do need since my last surgery recently . As usual ., the guy was being a total ass was getting a little pushy ! I cracked him in the shin , hard , then behind the knees and he went down !

61 years old , two years probation and the first time I ever went to jail . There goes my sainthood down the drain . This is very embarrassing because there is no glory in what I did . It will be expunged but it happened . This guy has got to go ,
He makes me nervous and I will not not live in fear of anything or anybody !

Sorry to all my friends here , but in my physical state , I could have hurt him much worse with that little old walking stick than I did .

Last edited by dango; 05-05-2014 at 10:12 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 633 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Sounds like old school therapy to me. Sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

Most people would have called the cops and they wouldn't be able to do anything.

You didn't swallow your pride, you handled it, it was justly yours. he deserved it!

My neighbors are asses to but I wish you were mine.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
About a year go , we had a new neighbor move in just down the hill from us .Him and his younger wife decided to force their friend ship upon us .

Heavy drinker and a bit of a pest . He asked me for a few favors , tools and things to do some major repairs on there house . Being the good neighbor , I told him I do not loan tools but I would help him .

I went to town , about a 25 minute drive and the neighbor had come to my shop to borrow tools to fix something . He took it upon him self to go into my shop and take it .

I live with an old friend that I have known since we were kids . He's handicapped and not in the best physical shape . This neighbor is a rather large fellow , 240-ish , 6+ ft. Tall and an ass . Braggart , tough guy , bully , you know the type .

I went down to confront the guy and get my tools back . I walk with a hand made cane which I do need since my last surgery recently . As usual ., the guy was being a total ass was getting a little pushy ! I cracked him in the shin , hard , then behind the knees and he went down !

61 years old , two years probation and the first time I ever went to jail . There goes my sainthood down the drain . This is very embarrassing because there is no glory in what I did . It will be expunged but it happened . This guy has got to go ,
He makes me nervous and I will not not live in fear of anything or anybody !

Sorry to all my friends here , but in my physical state , I could have hurt him much worse with that little old walking stick than I did .
and they never took into consideration the idiot walked onto your property and took property that didn't belong to him?

no Dango, i would have done the same thing. don't worry, your sainthood is still intact here at FTF!
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Sounds like old school therapy to me. Sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

Most people would have called the cops and they wouldn't be able to do anything.

You didn't swallow your pride, you handled it, it was justly yours. he deserved it!

My neighbors are asses to but I wish you were mine.
yep, exactly! i'd have Dango for a neighbor and be honored to have him for a neighbor!
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 177 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

I can see myself in that situation. I'd have done the same...but did you get your tools back?

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17318

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
I can see myself in that situation. I'd have done the same...but did you get your tools back?
Yes , I got my tools back . That,s when he started getting pushy ! I live in a very small town and come warm weather , i,m always out there practicing my Dao and Katana everyday . I love stealth and long bladed weapons . I,d just bought another Katana two moths ago . It,s beautiful !
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1679 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1269

That is funny!!! Sounds like to me you done him a favor. Some of us wouldn't stop just because he hit the ground....
In my best Mr. Rogers voice "Will you be my neighbor"???

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 633 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
That is funny!!! Sounds like to me you done him a favor. Some of us wouldn't stop just because he hit the ground....
In my best Mr. Rogers voice "Will you be my neighbor"???
yeah, there's not a whole lot of good neighbors. they should build pro-gun subdivisions....lol

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1596 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

If you were in fear of bodily harm, self defense could come into play.
(But check with a lawyer first.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #10

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

I don't get how some folks can feel like they are entitled to a favor from you just because they live near by. A favor, is exactly that, a kindness granted at someones whim or because of a sense of developing good relations. If someone is not inclined to extend a favor, that is up to them, as long as they don't expect one in turn. Grown adults, should be able to understand this.

Usually for me a first favor is a given. If I get burned in the process, we're done. If I have someone steal my stuff in the process, they are going to get to make it right, one way or the other. Seems fair.