Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Welcome home now pay taxes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've been driving around California with Tennessee tags for the last 6 months because of the same reason. They can eat me.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
That blows but not as bad as VA. Here you have to pay sales tax when you buy the car then you have to pay the state tax to own the care every year after that. Tell me that ain't double taxation.
It's such a confusing system. I was lucky enough to avoid the annual luxury tax by being an out of state resident (military) but I still had to pay for the damned city sticker. I don't know if many places near the beltway have that but in Hampton and Norfolk area, you pay tax when you buy the car, annual luxury tax and an annual or bi-annual city tax. Next they are probably going to tax your taxes.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #13

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Vote with your feet!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Vote with your feet. Ok Cane you gonna pay for me to move? You going to get me a job like the one I have now. I work of 6 months get paid for 12, you going to pay my fees to get into another college?

Man it ain't like I want to pay taxes all the dam time. But what do you do they have been saying for 10 or 15 years not that the personal property tax (Yearly tax on cars) is going away in three.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Well I think seeing as Cpttango30 is a member of this board in a way he is voting with his feet. To keep a job in that area you have 3, maybe 4 states to choose from your willing to commute a good distance.

Virginia, Maryland, DC, West Virginia is the maybe.

MD and DC, I hope you have a nice gun collection when you get here cause its not going to increase much once you are a resident, and WV is a hell of a commute. Although owning land in WV and registering a car there might work. Prolly not worth it though.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I work exactly 3miles from home. My son goes to work with me everyday. My daughter leaves before I have to leave for work. My wife is home when my daughter gets home from school and my son rides home with me. I pay $22 a month for Anthem BCBS PPO health insurance, I get every holiday off with my kids 2 months in the summer and I get paid no matter what. Granted pay is not all that great but, if I went into the private sector I would have to drive north to DC or Fairfax Springfield everyday taking another 20 hours a week So I would see my kids 20 hours less a week (Not always a bad thing) I would miss out of my kids school functions Plus I GOT ME TONS OF EYE CANDY Right now. I am one of 4 yes 4 guys that work with me the rest are women and some mighty hot ones I might add. One I work close with talks about becoming a cougar, I don't know if any of you have ever been cougar hunting but boy if you land a good one they are great.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #17

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Vote with your feet. Ok Cane you gonna pay for me to move? You going to get me a job like the one I have now. I work of 6 months get paid for 12, you going to pay my fees to get into another college?

Man it ain't like I want to pay taxes all the dam time. But what do you do they have been saying for 10 or 15 years not that the personal property tax (Yearly tax on cars) is going away in three.
MAYBE I should have said, "DO WHAT I DID, VOTE WITH YOUR FEET!"

Why the f*** would I pay you money to move?

Christ, you might move closer to me!!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello