weekend plans - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > weekend plans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 373 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Sweet gum just isn't prime firewood, and the tendency for it to lose limbs every time a fat sparrow lights on it guarantees that what you DO take in the house is full of bugs.
Yep! Even if I had a wood bruning fireplace in the house I wouldn't bother with this stuff. Tree is about 80' tall and makes good shade in backyard in summer. Had this tree worked over by arborist a few years ago and it still drops large branches. If it wasn't a good shade tree for yard I'd have already cut it down and replaced it with something else. When housing market comes back I'm selling this place anyway. New owners can deal with this tree then.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ya'll lead exciting lives Just kidding, I'm envious. I used to live for the weekends. But since getting layed off last week, now my weekends seem to consist mainly of honey-do's. Can't complain as she was bringing in 2x what I was bringing in when I was working. So, spent my weekend mowing the yard, raking up leaves, cleaning gutters, replacing the screen in the screen door, vacuuming the house, and cleaning the bathrooms. Oh and forgot, had a couple Mid-Terms to take, as I am taking some classes again....got to figure out what I want to be when I grow up....AGAIN

After 21 years around the manufacturing arena, and going through 4 down-sizings/restructurings/lay-offs/company closures - I figure it's time to get into a new gig. So I'm taking classes to hopefully get a degree in Health Informatics. Why not? The government is pushing for standardization in medical records across the nation by 2014, so they're going to need quite a few folks in this field (last time I looked, they stated approximately 70,000 openings across the nation ) So, hopefully I get in before the other 70K folks do.

Other than that, watched my Steelers knock off the unbeated Vikings/Brett Favre, and the Pats win in London. So all in all, not a bad weekend.

I even got to fondle the parts for a new AR build I'll be starting. I was rummaging through my parts bin and found enough to put together a super lightweight carbine. So looking at a 16" super light barrel assy., an A2 upper (yep, with the handle built-in), probably A2 stock, or maybe a RRA 6-position (still deciding on that one) Bushy or a Cavalry Arms lower (thinking the "snake"), have a couple different grips I can use from Ergo, Magpul MOE, or stock A2, and either stock handguards or maybe a set of Magpul MOE. I figure what the heck, the wife was complaining about the weight of some of the AR's, so this one might be set up just for her. And it gives my mind a recess from all the book work. I'll take pics when I get it done.

Slo