weekend plans - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > weekend plans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 310 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Buck it up and sell it off. Aren't there many people with wood burning stoves in your area?
It's a Liquid Amber tree. There's a few people here with wood burning stoves there used to be alot more. This house has a gas fireplace. A friend came buy and took the larger logs to his house. He has a wood burning stove in his shop. The rest wasn't worth fooling with and I just back from the dumps getting rid of the small stuff.

Yard is good to go now.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Last night I went out with some friends, saw "Surrogates" and hated it. Today I worked a bit in the morning, after that I did a couple of hours of MMA training. In a couple of hours I'm meeting a friend for dinner, and then we're going to the theatre to see Soledad Barrio and Noche Flamenca (it's supossed to be really good, and she's been looking forward to it all week).

Tomorrow I'm going to work out with my coach (probably just weights, I don't think we'll fight) in the morning. Depending on how my arms are feeling I might go to the archery club. I want to catch up on some reading and write a few things in the afternoon.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Today was my first day off in 4 months. Glorious!

Ran some errands (pet store, Lowes, Donut shop) with my daughter, did some essential house stuff, and returned some client calls.

Just chillin now but eyeballing a pile of Oleander that needs to be cut up and stuffed into the "clippings" bin.

But I'm feeling like working on some guns...

Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
It's a Liquid Amber tree. There's a few people here with wood burning stoves there used to be alot more. This house has a gas fireplace. A friend came buy and took the larger logs to his house. He has a wood burning stove in his shop. The rest wasn't worth fooling with and I just back from the dumps getting rid of the small stuff.

Yard is good to go now.
Sweet gum just isn't prime firewood, and the tendency for it to lose limbs every time a fat sparrow lights on it guarantees that what you DO take in the house is full of bugs.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #15
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1886 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 3888

Well, today was take wife to work, run errands and school for college night class. Sunday - on the roof and winterized (clean too) the swamp cooler and fire up the heater!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Went out and broke in a new AR today. Little wet and muddy at the farm but oh well still had fun. Looks like I will be mowing and doing winter preps around the house tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #17

went and drooled over guns....bought the boy child a hunting bed....work both nights...tomorrow is sleeeeeeeping in day

Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Already started half of it yesterday (Saturday). I bought Mrs. TXnorton a new 9mm, and this morning we take it out to the range and let her try it out.

I know, I'll get flamed for this, and after all it is a GIRL's gun, but I bought her a Walther model 99 in 9mm (polymer frame, 4" bbl, 15 shot double stack mag).

She definately wanted a high capacity automatic, but she does not have real strong grip strength, and she had problems cycling the slide on my Browning Hi-Power. So off we went to the local Bass Pro and let her try every 9mm Auto they had. The Walther has a light slide pull, and an easy (for her) to manipulate slide release, it also has an easy to use and obvious de-cock activator. It fit her hand well and she was comfortable with it. It has a nice double action trgger pull and an even better single action pull.

The Walther 99 is basically your generic ploymer framed striker fired automatic, but it is German made and therefore was a bit more expensive than the other options available.

While we were there I also picked up a Taurus 24/7 polymer/stainless with a 4" bbl, 12+1 d/s mag in .45 ACP to use as my "keep in the truck" gun.

Before I am acused of having the ghey, my favorite auto is my stainless Colt Gold Cup, but I could not see keeping that weapon rattling around in the console of my truck, or stand the thought of possibly losing it, hence the "throw-away" Taurus!

TXnorton

Last edited by TXnorton; 10-25-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Shot shotgun clays for the first time. Embarassed myself with ridiculously bad score. Fun all round

Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #20

Likes Given: 2

I went to a crazy Halloween party and I am HURTING this morning. Here's my costume:

img_1294-copy.jpg   img_1294.jpg   img_1302.jpg  

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST