Weapons Cache Found in Florida Girl's Tree House

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Weapons Cache Found in Florida Girl's Tree House

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Weapons Cache Found in Florida Girl's Tree House

Man finds guns in child's tree house

Last Edited: Tuesday, 22 Apr 2008, 4:25 PM EDT
Created: Tuesday, 22 Apr 2008, 4:25 PM EDT

ENGLEWOOD - Charlotte County deputies say they got a call from a man who found three guns and ammunition while cleaning out his 13-year-old daughter's tree house.

Thomas O'Connell told investigators he found the 9mm pistol, 9mm carbine rifle, and a shotgun all wrapped up in a sheet.

It appears the weapons are all stolen, but one has a serial number filed off, so it's hard to tell.

O'Connell says the last time he was in the tree house on Van Loon Avenue was on April 13, and the guns were not there.

Anyone with information is asked to call deputies at (941) 639-2101; or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352286,00.html

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Interesting find Sculker as always, but it has me questioning something about society & the police there though.

If the weapons were found in a 13 year old boy's tree "fort" would they then question the boy, his parents, search his laptop/computer history for a "hit list", etc. - or would it be same, seemingly innocent piece?

I would like to think the latter, but recent history leads me to think this would be blown out of proportion.

JD