Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > are we really getting the news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Or it fits the agenda!!
Get a bunch of guys together, head for the border to take back the southern border of our country and see how many ABC,CBS,NBC video trucks follow you to report on the "right wing gun nuts".

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #12

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Why can't our military forces be used to fight the drug traffickers? I am not talking about Marshall Law or the militarization of our law enforcement; I am simply saying I think the use of military force to protect our people should be used when and where necessary, including on and within our borders. Can you imagine a group of drug traffickers making a raid across the border at night coming face to face with an M-1 tank or an Apache helicopter? I say let the drones fire the Hellfire missiles at the SOBs.

Last edited by BlueTurf; 02-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #13

Liked 627 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 207

"I think we as Americans are getting close to the point that we almost should just ban together head to the boarder and start shooting back. "

But they say almost no one is coming across the border anymore.
Only 3 to 5 thousand per day according to this administration.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #14

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Not to minimize this....but here's one of the comments made below that article. I don't know what to make of it as I don't have all the facts and probably never will. Nevertheless, it's a heinous crime that should bring 'drawn and quartered' methods back to our modern age. That would send a message.

"Actually this is straight-up hack reporting.
This atrocity has been covered for the last month in media ranging from local news to the NY Times. Add to it the fact that the Mexican Cartels had absolutely NOTHING to do with this and the reporter is exploiting the fact that 1) The man in the article isn't the killer and 2) the 'cartel connection' is simply the fact that the real killer runs a meth ring and gets his supplies form Mexico.
This young woman was tortured and killed by a WHITE, NATIVE OKLAHOMAN SKINHEAD who was running a prostitution ring. No it doesn't make it any less horrible but the fact that this 'reporter' is exploiting this tragedy for his own means is disgusting.
Try some research instead of relying on one man's opinion for your news."

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #15

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

If most people actually knew just how dangerous the world around them is they would likely curl up in a closet and hide

But like bossman said, until reporting actual news becomes profitable the media will keep reporting on entertainment and politics - both useless as far as I'm concerned

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #16

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Why can't our military forces be used to fight the drug traffickers? I am not talking about Marshall Law or the militarization of our law enforcement; I am simply saying I think the use of military force to protect our people should be used when and where necessary, including on and within our borders. Can you imagine a group of drug traffickers making a raid across the border at night coming face to face with an M-1 tank or an Apache helicopter? I say let the drones fire the Hellfire missiles at the SOBs.
Quite agree! What the hell are our National Guards and Reserves doing all over Iraq and Afghanistan when our country is rotting at the borders and from within threatening our beloved America?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Quite agree! What the hell are our National Guards and Reserves doing all over Iraq and Afghanistan when our country is rotting at the borders and from within threatening our beloved America?
Thank you PanBaccha. I think the use of our troops to protect our people right here is called for, considering what is happening. Our people are being threatened, and that is the bottom line, and you might even call it the red line.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
They are business and sell the news. We will never hear about this till someone decides it's profitable.
Yes and no. Print media are losing money big-time and TV news viewers are in similar decline. The reason is the same for both: the media is clearly biased in one direction. If they were purely motivated and directed by profit, this would have changed some time ago. It didn't, and that reasonably leads us to believe there's an ideological agenda being pushed.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #19

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Maybe you saw this in your news source, but I bet you didn't

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6680989/Meat-grown-in-laboratory-in-world-first.html

http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-info/blog/tell-wal-mart-stop-selling-monsantos-gmo-sweet-corn

Would you knowingly eat either?

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 02-21-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yes and no. Print media are losing money big-time and TV news viewers are in similar decline. The reason is the same for both: the media is clearly biased in one direction. If they were purely motivated and directed by profit, this would have changed some time ago. It didn't, and that reasonably leads us to believe there's an ideological agenda being pushed.
Absolutely, no doubt.