we have a winner...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > we have a winner...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default we have a winner...

So, while my very humble collection of firearms (2) is very, very, very lonely and small, my girlfriend has wondered for a while:

'why do you keep going to that gun forum site', 'why do you keep looking at guns online', 'why do you want more guns' and 'when are you going to stop buying guns' ?

Well today I took her to the range. She's gone with me one other time, but it was extremely busy and loud. She only fired one round the other time with my 9mm, and called it quits immediately.

But today, ah sweet Sunday, the gun-gods were smiling upon me. Today, we went to the range. Only one couple next to us, so not nearly as crowded or noisy. We took turns shooting, me doing my best to coach her. Wouldn't you know it, once she got settled in, the girl started showing me up!

Took it home and was cleaning it, and she started asking all kinds of questions about my shotgun. 'how do I do this', 'how much does it kick', etc, etc...

so I ask her "you really wanna shoot it, dont you"...she smiles that evil smile and says 'maaaaaybe'

then tonight I was thinking out loud to her about the possibility of trading in my Glock for a Kimber I've had my sights on for some time. She said "wait, you mean you'd be getting rid of your small one?". I explained that I would use it to help pay for the new one.

"oh no, dont get rid of that one. I like it. Just buy the other and keep this one too!"

My friends, she's hooked :-)

Last edited by falseharmonix; 08-03-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling sux0rs

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
"oh no, dont get rid of that one. I like it. Just buy the other and keep this one too!"
Marry her. Tomorrow.

Sounds like a successful trip to the range.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

That confirms one of my theories: Gun haters have never shot a gun. Once they do, they want one.

Mrs. Skullcrusher shot a gun for the first time about 5 years ago. It was my NEF .410 single shot. She shot it once and put it down. Within 5 minutes, she wanted to shoot it again. She did. She asked for her own pistol after she shot a .38, .45 and the .410 again. Last Valentine's day I bought her a .32.

If you read the post about her cousin and family visiting from Kali, I got her cousin (woman) to shoot a .22 rifle and a .45 pistol. She loved it. The empowerment of shooting makes everyone who does so feel god-like. The awesomeness of powder meeting bullet and target will transform the biggest passivist into Rambo within 3 shots. Tried and true, every time.

Great job, false. You will find that once the lady gets her hands on a firearm, you can't take it away. She is now part of the community, and a welcome member at that.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

That could have been my story with my fiance'.

Isn't life grand!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If I can justify it and I'm not spending the rent money, my wife doesn't care. Thats how I ended up with my SP101 and XDSC

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #6

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

My first date with my current wife back in 1991 was a full day of shooting out in the desert. She (I found out) was anti gun at the time and the only gun she had ever fired was a .357 mag. I started her out on .22s and worked up from there. Ever since then she has been a shooter and hunting partner. The only problem that we have at times is, who gets to buy the next gun. Can't get much better than that...

Jim..................

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Which anniversary is the "gun" anniversary?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #8

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

I would have to think about that one.
Jim........................

Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
All of them, if you can afford it. Remember, shiny metal objects that shoot small shiny projectiles are a girl's best friend.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I took my SO to the range a couple weeks ago. We’d been before and she likes to shoot, but this time I had a Buckmark 22 I was giving a test run to. She really liked the 22. I told her if she could put two out of the ten round mag in the ten ring she could have the gun. What she didn’t know is I had a MP 45 on order and this way I get both guns in my safe, but the 22 is technically hers.