We gotta get Disney on board. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > We gotta get Disney on board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 83

What about Eastwood?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #22

Liked 367 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Clint could voice BMG .50 an ex Special Forces member because he delivers with such force nobody wants to screw with him used to being alone for long periods of time and Bruce Willis could be his cousin M60 a fast talking explosive type of bloke.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

dango Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8120 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 10488

There are gun people working at Pixar. I know a couple- met them at the range. I doubt there would be much traction though. Around here people who work at Apple, Pixar and the like don't go talking about their gun hobby at all. Funny part is I know more people who work at those places who are into guns than are not!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
dango Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Great idea! Maybe it's in a theater right now in some alternate reality.

Seriously though, I think guns have plenty of space at the top of America's pop culture pedestal. What's missing are the real world consequences. Really, a 115 lb woman double fisting a pair of desert eagles is going to break a nail.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
dango Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Sean Shannon has to be the voice of the M134 mini gun.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

dango Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2994 Times on 1715 Posts
Likes Given: 17654

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Sean Shannon has to be the voice of the M134 mini gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiFl8O5lV4

Auuuhhhhh........we'll..p......? Could ...yue ....repeat....that...?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #27

Liked 169 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

There was a weird Japanese anime close to this, a school system where all the students were firearms. Grade school was subguns, middle school was assault rifles, and high school was battle rifles. The teachers were also various guns, with one lonely human got in the middle as a substitute teacher. Actually had some decent information in it, and excellent drawings, but it was subtitled - apparently it wasn't good enough for voice overs in the US. Main character was FNC.

Edit - series was called "Upotte!!", apparently was only streamed long enough for me to watch the whole thing. Too bad.

But, it calls into play that Japanese animators are fascinated with guns, since they can't touch real ones, and would probably jump on this one full force.

Last edited by armoredman; 07-05-2013 at 03:06 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #28

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman
There was a weird Japanese anime close to this, a school system where all the students were firearms. Grade school was subguns, middle school was assault rifles, and high school was battle rifles. The teachers were also various guns, with one lonely human got in the middle as a substitute teacher. Actually had some decent information in it, and excellent drawings, but it was subtitled - apparently it wasn't good enough for voice overs in the US. Main character was FNC.

Edit - series was called "Upotte!!", apparently was only streamed long enough for me to watch the whole thing. Too bad.

But, it calls into play that Japanese animators are fascinated with guns, since they can't touch real ones, and would probably jump on this one full force.
I looked it up, and the characters are actually personalized by the guns they "are".
The M16A4 is showy and works in short, fast burst, then rests, the L85 is clumsy and sometimes not working right, the AR18 has loose pants (loose fitting stock), one has thong (skeleton stock), the AUG has two distinct personalities (two interchangeable barrel lengths), so on and so forth!
I abandoned anime a long time ago (besides Elfen Lied, that's badass no matter who you are), but this may be worth a watch.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

This is a terrific idea. Too bad it would never happen.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #30

Liked 169 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Rewatched the first episode...I forgot it had some "undertones" that would make it non-child friendly...
Good anime for gun people - Gunslinger Girl.