You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

watching barrett-jackson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 470 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1899

Default watching barrett-jackson

Got all the grass cut, watched the Georgia game, cleaned a couple pistols, now sitting back with a glass of sweet tea watching the barrett-jackson auction, drooling and wishing!
Endowment Life Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry.Org

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #2

Liked 575 Times on 326 Posts

I'm watching it too...much to my wife's dissatisfaction. She hates it with a passion.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My wife is on her tablet playing on pinterest, will look up every now and then and look. Some of these cars are a work of art, back from when at a glance you knew what they was, nowadays if you don't see a name on them you don't know what they are. I would love to go there and be able to bring one home.
Member Georgia Carry.Org

Old 09-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #4

Liked 924 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Barret Jackson ruined the hobby for the average guy who wants a nice "driver" quality car.
Here in Scottsdale, the prices are obscene. YOu can buy the same car in MN (but you need to watch out for rust) for 1/3 to 1/2 the price as here in Scottsdale.
I tell people that all the time.
The other thing BJ has done is make everybody believe that their TURD is really a piece of GOLD.
I've seen some stuff here that I wouldn't give you 5 grand for and they want 30 or more.
jackrich3 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2015, 10:53 PM   #5

Liked 4006 Times on 2013 Posts
Likes Given: 6624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy9mm View Post
Got all the grass cut, watched the Georgia game, cleaned a couple pistols, now sitting back with a glass of sweet tea watching the barrett-jackson auction, drooling and wishing!
Watching here too...Did you see the Blue 1970 T-5..Mach-1 Euro Mustang...they had on a little bit ago..? learned something new...
Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The mustang was sharp. They have the Auto Fair going this weekend at the charlotte motor speedway, big 3day car show, swap meet, auction, and plenty of cars for sale. A lot of good cars much less than BJ. But it is still fun to watch.
Member Georgia Carry.Org
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 647 Times on 362 Posts
Likes Given: 652

Just ticks me off that my dream to someday buy that '55 chevy is pretty much out of reach, now. Of course, I can say the same thing about that Colt Python, too. Oh well, Powerball is up to 260 million, now. I can still dream....Did you happen to catch that black '55 Nomad?
People Like This 
Old 09-27-2015, 04:21 AM   #8

Liked 924 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Just ticks me off that my dream to someday buy that '55 chevy is pretty much out of reach
It depends on what you want.
do you want a 55 chevy that is "numbers matching" 265 cube motor with PG tranny and air and everything original?
or can you "settle" for a 55 chevy with a modern day 350 crate motor 4 barrel with a 4, 5 or 6 speed or a turbohydramatic 350 or 400 tranny.? some even have modern day corvette running gear in them with all the modern electronics.
I've seen some really nice 55 or 56's with a 350-4v and a TH 350 automatic with aftermarket air, disc brakes, for about 15 grand. VERY NICE driver. I wouldn't mind having one myself. My wife keeps me from getting rid of my 69 Charger because she is emotionally attached to it. I have a bad back and would welcome a "bench seat" classic car.
Billy9mm Likes This 
Old 09-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

Liked 4006 Times on 2013 Posts
Likes Given: 6624

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerCav View Post
It depends on what you want.
do you want a 55 chevy that is "numbers matching" 265 cube motor with PG tranny and air and everything original?
or can you "settle" for a 55 chevy with a modern day 350 crate motor 4 barrel with a 4, 5 or 6 speed or a turbohydramatic 350 or 400 tranny.? some even have modern day corvette running gear in them with all the modern electronics.
I've seen some really nice 55 or 56's with a 350-4v and a TH 350 automatic with aftermarket air, disc brakes, for about 15 grand. VERY NICE driver. I wouldn't mind having one myself. My wife keeps me from getting rid of my 69 Charger because she is emotionally attached to it. I have a bad back and would welcome a "bench seat" classic car.
69 Charger.....? Must know more. .....
Old 09-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #10

Liked 1404 Times on 866 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Seen a Scout!
Billy9mm Likes This