Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Watched the dumbest moie ever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
Jesus Christ this thread turned into a whiny slap fight fast.

group hug people, seriously.

BIG +1

Did the Geritol/Prozac cocktails not kick in this morning yet?

It was only a movie. And yes, I watched it all the way through. Not the best of acting jobs, as I couldn't help but wonder when BORAT was going to make a cameo appearance or not. But, it wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. be. It was kind of a satire of sorts, with the BUGS taking over

The alien guns were kind of Tacti-Kool And at least the Spec-Ops guys didn't break out cans of RAID at the end or anything like that.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #42

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
BIG +1

Did the Geritol/Prozac cocktails not kick in this morning yet?
Nah, I mistakenly took birth control and the estrogen is gettin' to me man
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #43

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Haha. I wish I would have caught the unedited post. I'm a big boy and I can handle a little abuse. I won't ban anyone for challenging me. However open disrespect should be handled privately... Or in the bunker. Who knows? I could get my first verbal/written beat down. Not likely, but I'll dance

Movie opinions are just that: opinions. I am neither right or wrong, just stating an opinion. But then, I saw the whole movie. My opinion is that if you didn't see it, then your opinion is pretty pointless. You have no defense for that. Getting bent out of shape about it just makes one look ignorant AND stupid. Again, that is just my opinion. God bless America.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

[QUOTE=gregs887;222060]Jesus Christ this thread turned into a whiny slap fight fast.
QUOTE]

No Kidding! It's a MOVIE. NOT REAL. Personally I thought it sucked.
But then I thought The Blair Witch Project sucked, and Vanishing Point
(1971) was a good movie. I like Day by Day cartoons, Tripping the
Rift, 16 gauge shotguns, and think that Tom Clancy and Stephen Hunter
are worth reading. Your opinions are going to be different---but that's
all, just different. Not better. Not worse. Not stupid or enlightened.
Just different.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #45

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Yeah, I agree it was dumber than dirt, but I do want one of those alien weapons!
Dude I want the one that makes people explode like a can of cat food in a microwave.

I like all kind of movies from Shootem up blowem up movies to comedies, to thinking movies. Hell I even thought Brokeback Mt. was a great flick. I would rather watch an unending 24 hour rotation of Rosie o'donnal and that other lesiban chick than every have to watch that movie again.

Here it is, This garbage was nothing more than some douche bag's way of saying aparthide was wrong and look at how bad white people are. The main guy can't even say F*ck right.

Also what the hell was with al the Nigerians in the movie plot? Other than look at them they are douche bags and they believe in eating other people gives them special powers. Just like if you have AIDS having sex with a virgin will cure you. WHAT EVER.

It was so much crap it should have never been made.

Last edited by cpttango30; 01-31-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I watched this movie a while ago with a friend, she'd been doing some social work in South Africa (she's been there twice, for a few months at a time) and according to her experience in the different townships, it was quite accurate in some aspects, like the Nigerian gangsters.

I didn't hate the movie, didn't think it was the greatest flick of all time either, but it definitely kept me entertained and made for good conversation later. I don't know, maybe the company made it seem better than it was.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Dude I want the one that makes people explode like a can of cat food in a microwave.

I like all kind of movies from Shootem up blowem up movies to comedies, to thinking movies. Hell I even thought Brokeback Mt. was a great flick. I would rather watch an unending 24 hour rotation of Rosie o'donnal and that other lesiban chick than every have to watch that movie again.

Here it is, This garbage was nothing more than some douche bag's way of saying aparthide was wrong and look at how bad white people are. The main guy can't even say F*ck right.

Also what the hell was with al the Nigerians in the movie plot? Other than look at them they are douche bags and they believe in eating other people gives them special powers. Just like if you have AIDS having sex with a virgin will cure you. WHAT EVER.

It was so much crap it should have never been made.
Does anyone else see a sig line in this?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #48
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1698 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

I did re-watch it, using the touch of fast-forward from time-to-time. This movie is not good; however, might fall into the cult films back in the day we hated, that we now love to watch!