Watch this video and tell me what you think.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Watch this video and tell me what you think.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Watch this video and tell me what you think.

What do you think? Police brutality at it's worst? Another case of cops going over the edge?

What's your opinion on this?

Viewer discretion advised. No blood, but violent.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nope, totally kosher. The video from the other officer's car clearly shows the guy had a gun, and used it. As legitimate as they come. Now the marksmanship piece, not so much a success story. This one had circulated around a while back with only part of the story trying to stir up anti-LEO sentiment.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Yep. Just a good example of how telling only a part of the story puts law enforcement and military in a bad situation.

It's amazing how people will make their opinions on only some of the facts of a situation.

Something to always keep in the back of your head whenever you hear about military or police brutality. Sometimes it does happen, but usually there is a cause.

......and yes, the marksmanship does suck. It could also be a good tool to show that 9mm is a marginal stopping round (I'm guessing that is what was used because it took awhile to drop the criminal). They were probably using Glock 17s (educated guess, that's all).

Good learning video for anybody wanting to join up the police.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Yep. Just a good example of how telling only a part of the story puts law enforcement and military in a bad situation.

It's amazing how people will make their opinions on only some of the facts of a situation.

Something to always keep in the back of your head whenever you hear about military or police brutality. Sometimes it does happen, but usually there is a cause.

......and yes, the marksmanship does suck. It could also be a good tool to show that 9mm is a marginal stopping round (I'm guessing that is what was used because it took awhile to drop the criminal). They were probably using Glock 17s (educated guess, that's all).

Good learning video for anybody wanting to join up the police.

i think the cop did o.k. anyway,that's what should happen when a criminal try to kill a cop. he should be put down with the necessary force. if that criminal had got success, the cop could be out for good.

my choice is easy.....criminal down!!

but that cop had no need to empty his mag on the suspect.

imo,just imo, but it's easy to throw critics when you're not in the middle of ground-action.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #5

What led to this point is what I want to know? Can't really give you an opinion without all the facts.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts

Where is the other video?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
What led to this point is what I want to know? Can't really give you an opinion without all the facts.
Just what I was thinking, but you would have to assume that this guy deserved what he got.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts

From the video clip I saw, the perp. appeared un-armed and evading. I hope this wasn't the case.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockmaniac View Post
...but that cop had no need to empty his mag on the suspect.
There's a nasty little game that goes on where I live with juries (both coroner and trial) that works like this:

"If you only shoot once or twice you obviously weren't in fear for your life, because if you had been in fear of losing your life you would have emptied the gun (cylinder or magazine) in fearful reaction to the threat."

The other option is:

"You are obviously a bloodthirsty killer because if you were only trying to stop the "precieved" threat you would have stopped shooting after one or two shots. Since you emptied your gun you were just as obviously indulging in a vindictive, murderous rage, which negates your claims of self-defense."

You pick.

Politically correct, leftwing, "liberal" coastal cities are soooooo neurotic!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The other video is on the right hand side. If you click the little down-arrow icon where it says "More from this user", you'll see the other video.

I should've posted both at the same time, then you would've understood the videos better, and the lesson behind them.

Better yet, here's the link to the second half.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 10-30-2008 at 12:18 AM.