Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Watch this video and tell me what you think. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/watch-video-tell-me-what-you-think-8002/)

SGT-MILLER 10-26-2008 09:31 PM

Watch this video and tell me what you think.

What do you think? Police brutality at it's worst? Another case of cops going over the edge?

What's your opinion on this?

Viewer discretion advised. No blood, but violent.

hillbilly68 10-26-2008 10:09 PM

Nope, totally kosher. The video from the other officer's car clearly shows the guy had a gun, and used it. As legitimate as they come. Now the marksmanship piece, not so much a success story. This one had circulated around a while back with only part of the story trying to stir up anti-LEO sentiment.

SGT-MILLER 10-26-2008 10:14 PM

Yep. Just a good example of how telling only a part of the story puts law enforcement and military in a bad situation.

It's amazing how people will make their opinions on only some of the facts of a situation.

Something to always keep in the back of your head whenever you hear about military or police brutality. Sometimes it does happen, but usually there is a cause.

......and yes, the marksmanship does suck. It could also be a good tool to show that 9mm is a marginal stopping round (I'm guessing that is what was used because it took awhile to drop the criminal). They were probably using Glock 17s (educated guess, that's all).

Good learning video for anybody wanting to join up the police.

Glockmaniac 10-27-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 47172)
Yep. Just a good example of how telling only a part of the story puts law enforcement and military in a bad situation.

It's amazing how people will make their opinions on only some of the facts of a situation.

Something to always keep in the back of your head whenever you hear about military or police brutality. Sometimes it does happen, but usually there is a cause.

......and yes, the marksmanship does suck. It could also be a good tool to show that 9mm is a marginal stopping round (I'm guessing that is what was used because it took awhile to drop the criminal). They were probably using Glock 17s (educated guess, that's all).

Good learning video for anybody wanting to join up the police.

i think the cop did o.k. anyway,that's what should happen when a criminal try to kill a cop. he should be put down with the necessary force. if that criminal had got success, the cop could be out for good.

my choice is easy.....criminal down!!

but that cop had no need to empty his mag on the suspect.

imo,just imo, but it's easy to throw critics when you're not in the middle of ground-action.

iloveguns 10-27-2008 03:52 PM

What led to this point is what I want to know? Can't really give you an opinion without all the facts.:D

Mark F 10-27-2008 04:03 PM

Where is the other video?

iVTEC 10-27-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveguns (Post 47268)
What led to this point is what I want to know? Can't really give you an opinion without all the facts.:D

Just what I was thinking, but you would have to assume that this guy deserved what he got.

Mark F 10-27-2008 08:53 PM

From the video clip I saw, the perp. appeared un-armed and evading. I hope this wasn't the case.

Northwoods 10-30-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockmaniac (Post 47199)
...but that cop had no need to empty his mag on the suspect.

There's a nasty little game that goes on where I live with juries (both coroner and trial) that works like this:

"If you only shoot once or twice you obviously weren't in fear for your life, because if you had been in fear of losing your life you would have emptied the gun (cylinder or magazine) in fearful reaction to the threat."

The other option is:

"You are obviously a bloodthirsty killer because if you were only trying to stop the "precieved" threat you would have stopped shooting after one or two shots. Since you emptied your gun you were just as obviously indulging in a vindictive, murderous rage, which negates your claims of self-defense."

You pick.:confused: :mad:

Politically correct, leftwing, "liberal" coastal cities are soooooo neurotic!:rolleyes:

SGT-MILLER 10-30-2008 01:16 AM

The other video is on the right hand side. If you click the little down-arrow icon where it says "More from this user", you'll see the other video.

I should've posted both at the same time, then you would've understood the videos better, and the lesson behind them.

Better yet, here's the link to the second half.