Wasp spray over pepper spray - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wasp spray over pepper spray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I've heard of an old lady who successfully used a perfume spray bottle loaded with ammonia...

I bet she smelled PURDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 12-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Really? I'll have to point this out to my anti-gun sister. She is a PHd and all, but i don't think even she is anti-wasp spray.

Is anybody else wondering how they combat wasps in England? I mean, if they aren't really even allowed a decent knife, surely their oppressors are aware of the wasp spray conspiracy.

You are referring to wasps the insect, not WASP's as in white anglo saxon protestant, right?

Damn, so many good ideas...and I could use none of them legally.

(well possibly i might be able to get away with wasp-spraying an attacker if they lunged at me while I was COINCIDENTALLY spraying some wasps, and therefore "just happened to have the can in my hand'. You could plead "instinctive reaction" or similar )

Only problem is, it's illegal to spray wasps here, unless they are the imported European ones. Native wasps are protected by law lol

Old 12-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #13

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Damn, so many good ideas...and I could use none of them legally.

(well possibly i might be able to get away with wasp-spraying an attacker if they lunged at me while I was COINCIDENTALLY spraying some wasps, and therefore "just happened to have the can in my hand'. You could plead "instinctive reaction" or similar )

Only problem is, it's illegal to spray wasps here, unless they are the imported European ones. Native wasps are protected by law lol
Are you sh!ting me. You can't kill wasp down under? WTF is wrong with the people down there.

I would have gon to prison 10 times over for killing them. If it buzzes and flys and can bite sting or in any other way bother me I KILL IT. I give a dam who says what about it.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #14

Nice thing about the wasp spray is the no questions asked deal about holding it - where pepper spray or other "weapons" will be questioned. The one caution is that wasp spray (and others) will loose their zip over time.

I use brake cleaner to kill wasps as it's basically also deadly to the bugs and is 1/3 the cost. I stock up when they have a sale!

I have never heard or seen of any oven cleaner that sprays any distance at all. What brand?

Old 12-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_bud View Post
Nice thing about the wasp spray....
I have never heard or seen of any oven cleaner that sprays any distance at all. What brand?
GLOCK lol

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 12-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #16

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Very interesting thread.......at a handgun course I just took they suggested carrying pepper spray (or a pepper spray/tear gas combo) product along with your handgun. The rational was that if you had to use your handgun it would give you another layer of defense of your use of deadly force as you either used non-deadly force 1st or at least had a non-deadly option and you were not just some "cowboy" out there carrying a handgun.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Very interesting thread. I just went into the garage and looked and I have 2 cans of wasp spray. It says on the can that it sprays 20 feet.. They are too big to carry around but now one of them can live in the house.

OC

Old 12-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Very interesting thread. I just went into the garage and looked and I have 2 cans of wasp spray. It says on the can that it sprays 20 feet.. They are too big to carry around but now one of them can live in the house.

OC

I see where you guys are coming from, but wasp sray doesn't make an intimidating sound as you chamber a round. AND... I'm a pretty big fan of shotting Mutha****as!

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
I see where you guys are coming from, but wasp spray doesn't make an intimidating sound as you chamber a round. AND... I'm a pretty big fan of shooting Mutha****as!
Then compromise....spray them in the face, after you shoot them.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Are you sh!ting me. You can't kill wasp down under? WTF is wrong with the people down there.

I would have gon to prison 10 times over for killing them. If it buzzes and flys and can bite sting or in any other way bother me I KILL IT. I give a dam who says what about it.

Yeah, 'fraid not tango

All native species are protected, theoretically anyway. Remember being up at my uncle's property in the country many years ago, where he blew a brown snake in half with a shotgun, as it had ventured into the garden area close to the house (and brown snakes are notoriously easily pissed off in the summer breeding season, besides being extremely venomous). He said at the time it wasn't legal to kill it...yes even on his own farm!

Not that it would be easy to catch & bust someone for killing wasps in their own home, but in fact the native variety have no stings anyway...only the imported wasps do. So you can go to town on those