Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Washington Times Journalist requests feedback from gun owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanymadison View Post
I'm going to begin writing my article, gents. Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I will return with a link once it is live. In other news, this just in: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/biden-claims-obama-may-use-executive-orders-to-crack-down-on-guns/
You're such the bearer of good news!!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #42

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Tiffany,

You asked another member what the pro gun community could do to "reach out" to the fence sitters.

I can tell you that for a long time we made the mistake of simply talking about gun rights. While editorials showing the POSSITIVE attributes of gun ownership are certainly welcome, we, as gun owners, do far better by simply offering to take a coworker or a neighbor to the range.

I have personally introduced dozens of people to the shooting sports because I feel it is my obligation to do so. Every one of them grins ear to ear the first time they touch off a .45 ACP and every one of them has developed into a safe responsible gun owner.

Dozens does not sound like a big number but when you consider the people they influence and the children they raise...well, you see where this is going.

The buying craze that ensues everytime a Democrat says the words Gun Control is largely fueled by first time buyers who have shot with or simply know guys like us who are willing to teach and mentor a new member.

As you know, we are very proud of our heritage and those of us fortunate enough to have been raised this way...taught by trusted fathers and grandfathers...are very happy to share our knowledge and in doing so, create new shooters...WHO VOTE.

Per my previous post, we have a battle on two fronts. Those of us without a platform contribute by creating new shooters and supporting our NRA. those of you with a platform need to rediscover investigative journalism and start asking the real questions of why "apparently" educated civil servants are pushing policies that will not have the intended effect...what's there true motive?

We already know that answer but it's up to you to show it to the fence sitters.

Tack

Very, very nice. That gives me much to chew over. Thank you very much.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #43

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanymadison View Post
Thank you. Have you always held these views, or do you find that the increasingly political anti-firearm climate will encourage gun owners such as yourself to vote with your dollars and feet in support of establishments that support your rights?
I lost a leg for this country I do not ask for thanks from anyone I was simply doing my job, I defended mother freedom in a way most hope to never have to, now u think you are gonna dis arm me??? I think no is the answer here. My freedom, My rights, My guns, not the governments. I gave my all an will not bow down to anyone at anytime, nor will I not be able to protect myself, my friends, my family or my neighbor. Nuff said
Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #44

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
I lost a leg for this country I do not ask for thanks from anyone I was simply doing my job, I defended mother freedom in a way most hope to never have to, now u think you are gonna dis arm me??? I think no is the answer here. My freedom, My rights, My guns, not the governments. I gave my all an will not bow down to anyone at anytime, nor will I not be able to protect myself, my friends, my family or my neighbor. Nuff said
Thank you for your sacrifices... We appreciate everything you have done.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post

Thank you for your sacrifices... We appreciate everything you have done.
I want no thanks from anyone, nor do I seek that, it was my choice, my job. Not to be rude to you tho, I hope you dont take it that way.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #46

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

None taken.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
None taken.
Good I read what I said an went huh that may not go over well. But thank you

Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #48
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

There are a few ways gun violence can be addressed and probably the most helpful of those, and one which the NRA has advocated for years, is harsher penalties on criminals that use guns in the commission of a crime. We all know our prisons are full to the brink and have a "revolving" door policy. We release violent criminals back into society and more often than not, they get right back to committing more crimes. Personally I think there ought to be a mandatory minimum sentence for all crimes in which a gun is used. Very harsh penalties of say 20 to 30 years before parole is even considered. As far a murder with ANY weapon, I don't think they should ever breath free air again. If that would have been the case, the firemen that were just shot by that maniac would be alive today and their families wouldn't be suffering. There are a lot of people in prison right now that really shouldn't be there, pot smokers and the like. Some sort of treatment or something similar would be the better plan and would free up a lot of prison space to take the real bad guys off the streets, more or less permanently. Like a lot of the guys here have said, gun control will stop absolutely nothing. There will always be guns out there for people that really want them. All gun control will do is create a black market for weapons and make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens that want the right to defend themselves.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #49

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I must applaud you for your beliefs. It is refreshing to have an advocate in the media. I love this country and what freedoms I have because of the constitution and the men and women who have fought and sacrificed to defend it. As most in this forum I am an Army vet. who served in Desert Storm and I still believe in this nation but, the anti-gunners have been brainwashed into thinking the gun is the problem. Cain did not have a gun but committed murder. Evil is a heart matter and someone bent on destruction will use any means necessary to accomplish it, and how nice would it be for them if there is no resistance due to anti-gun laws. The only thing that keeps evil at bay is the fear of consequences, you never see these cowards try to shoot up a police station only defenseless kids. Sorry about the ramble. To answer you question I do not take my business to anti gunners

Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #50
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Good job people!

Now if we can get the word out.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT