Washington Times Journalist requests feedback from gun owners - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Washington Times Journalist requests feedback from gun owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2161 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 804

I am really surprised at the number of Jewish organizations that are anti gun. Jews have been persecuted around the world. The JPFO is a no nonsense gun ownership group. It's no surprise the AMA and other medical groups are anti gun.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

vincent Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #12

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I am relatively new gun owner. But where I live the only places you cannot take guns into is school buildings, federal buildings etc, and my local schools now have armed guards inside of them. If a bushiness is openly anti gun and I will not shop there, they do not deserve my money if they don't support freedom or my rights. The only place that was gun free was the mall in my town which now allows conceal carry and has seen a rise in business since then. The town I live in is a huge hunting community and we love our firearms and having access to them unrestricted. My Mom was hugely anti gun but I got her to buy a 9mm pistol and she now likes guns she doesn't love them but it is a step up. I don't talk to anyone who is openly anti gun only if they are genuinely interested in them but on occasion I will try and sway people to be pro gun it has worked a couple times but doesn't always work. My Dad even though he is a felon and can no longer have firearms is still very pro gun. I do not vote for anyone who is openly anti gun either or opposes guns in anyway or the ownership of them. Also The Supreme Court ruled the police have no obligation to protect you because that is your personal responsibility.

I am thankful there are pro gun journalists like you.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Tiffany,

I would like to understand your position on the Second Amendment first
before answering your questions.

Sincerely,
Ron
Absolutely. Rights are not granted by government. We are born with them. The Second Amendment is the cornerstone of our republic in that it codifies that natural born rights of self-protection are not to be infringed; those natural rights of self-protection encompass the individual's right to protect themselves, their property and family against other individuals, mobs and the state should it become occupied by tyrants. Here is an excerpt from my previous piece on American's rejecting calls for gun control in the wake of the Aurora shooting:

"The Second Amendment does not safeguard sport or hunting. The intention of the Second Amendment was to provide the people with means to protect their rights against individual and organized aggressors both foreign and domestic. The Second Amendment is not a grant to the people, but a restriction on the federal government. To Americans familiar with history and the Constitution, suggestions otherwise are blasphemous.

Naturally, some say the Second Amendment is irrelevant today because Americans have evolved past the eternal threat of government oppression. They claim the Founders did not intend the Bill of Rights to protect individual firearm ownership because they didn’t know a centralized army would protect us or the “the widespread violence guns cause”.

Most classical liberals, students of history and scholars disagree, explaining that the Founding Fathers unquestionably believed in a universal right to bear arms. Considering their intellectual, political and philosophical influences, it is fair to assume they understood human nature, historical precedent and the duality of self-defense, i.e. an individual, free citizen must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.

Otherwise, if all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of others? It cannot. This right to self-protection is a cornerstone principle essential to the American experiment and critical to maintaining life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/citizen-warrior/2012/aug/6/After-shootings-Americans-reject-gun-control/
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #14

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanymadison View Post
Greetings – my name is Tiffany Madison and I’m an independent journalist with Washington Times Digital Media. My column is titled Citizen Warrior and I cover civil liberties and veteran’s issues. Gun control is a hot topic as legislators attempt to introduce a wide array of measures to restrict the Second Amendment. A recent list of businesses that do not support the Second Amendment has emerged.

As gun owners and firearm advocates, are you increasingly taking your business to establishments that support your concealed carry or right to carry on premises? Or, are your attitudes remaining the same as they always have in regards to choosing establishments that allow you to carry? If trends continue, would you consider boycotting establishments that advocate for gun control politically or voice their “gun free zone” status as a business or organization publicly in support of gun control? Do you feel that a new form of discrimination is emerging against lawful gun-owners?

Hi Tiffany. I wish more journalist had your values. Hell I just wish more would open their eyes and brains and actually think independently.

That said, yes I do feel like legal gun owners are being discriminated against and it is looking like there very well may be a modern witch hunt for those of us who legally own firearms or even hold the 2nd amendment as a right.

Yes I would and do boycott businesses that advocate gun control and "gun free zones".
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

recently i had decided i would not give my money to companies that will openly admit to being against the 2nd amendment. also stores that are selling certain firearms, and not selling others. i see no need to give my money to a store that sells goods by what is or isn't happening in the national spotlight.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #16

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Here are some of the name on the list that to me, give me cause for concern...

B`nai B`rith

Jewish Labor Committee

National Council of Jewish Women

For the first time in the history of the Jewish people, they have unrestricted freedom to live and worship as they choose. With the atrocities they suffered during WW2 (just to name one instance) the phrase 'Never again' while once a battle cry, has since lost it's meaning...at least that's what it looks like from my end. People like Feinstein and Bloomberg are seeing to it that the phrase will remain utterly meaningless, are simply JINO's (Jews in name only) and are a pathetic example of a proud, determined and resilient group of people. While I myself am not Jewish, I greatly admire and respect them as a people...

National Association of School Safety and Law Enforcement Officers

This example, speaks for itself in the light of recent events.

I too am in NC and the gunbuster signs are few and far between but if I were to discover signage at a business I frequent, I would not only refuse to patronize that establishment, I would make it known to those involved why...

Here is a link to a fantastic site, whose commentaries can explain it a lot better than me...

http://jpfo.org/

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #17

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Is there discrimination? I think some of it is discrimination, but most of it is a matter of control.

The anti-gun propaganda is so illogical that there has to be something deeper. All one has to do is look at the violent crime and murder rate in Chicago – with its draconian gun control – and realize it doesn’t work. Do we need more laws? Well how many laws did the Ct shooter break (stealing weapons, assault and battery, murder, breaking and entering, transporting stolen property, having a gun in a gun free zone, etc)? Did these laws serve as a deterrent to someone who planned to kill himself anyway (a very common denominator in most mass killings).

Some discrimination just comes from ignorance – we have a large part of the country that only see guns on television. Semi-auto, assault rifle, clips, are terms they don’t understand but for some reason sound scary. Since they don’t value guns then they assume we shouldn’t either.

Sorry for the ramble, but there is a little discrimination based on ignorance, but the bulk of the issue with gun control deals with the desire to eliminate the Constitutionally defined basis for this country in terms of freedom and liberty.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9561 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

IMHO, this issue is not Gun Control, but controlling people.

Yes, discimination against gun owners is so outright as to be batant- along with demonization of anything or anyone associated with firearms. Review the editorial cartoons bashing the NRA in the past 2 weeks- no connection shown between the CT school shooting and the NRA- but bash away they will.

If a driver used his car to run over children at a bus stop, would you berate the American Automobile Association as being responsible for the act?

Do I support businesses that practice discrimination against gun owners? Could I ask a question of you? From your name and avatar you are a young lady.

If I ran a business- say, a car dealership- and I had repeatedly made public statements that women were stupid, inferior to men, belonged in the kitchen, pregnant and barefoot, and had no business owning property, being paid equal wages to a man, voting or holding public office- could I interest you in a nice used car?

Did not think so- . I know of no one in their right mind that would CHOOSE to support someone financially that was attempting to harm them- and make no mistake- that IS harm.

Is this a recent decision of mine? Nope. Have never been a shy person, and tend to speak my mind. Will do so in a civil manner- but WILL speak.

Is it getting worse? Oh my, YES. And I do believe it will get worse yet. The attempts to portray gun owners as sub-human, demented, poorly educated, lower class....... well, the German propaganda ministry did a similar job getting people riled up about the Untermenschen.

The facts do not matter, and attempting to discuss factual matters will shortly result in "banners" shreiking and denouncing gun owners as evil. there have already been demands to kill members of the NRA, imprison them without trial (for what crime, pray tell?), remove their children from their homes, etc.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411 View Post
Is there discrimination? I think some of it is discrimination, but most of it is a matter of control.

The anti-gun propaganda is so illogical that there has to be something deeper. All one has to do is look at the violent crime and murder rate in Chicago – with its draconian gun control – and realize it doesn’t work. Do we need more laws? Well how many laws did the Ct shooter break (stealing weapons, assault and battery, murder, breaking and entering, transporting stolen property, having a gun in a gun free zone, etc)? Did these laws serve as a deterrent to someone who planned to kill himself anyway (a very common denominator in most mass killings).

Some discrimination just comes from ignorance – we have a large part of the country that only see guns on television. Semi-auto, assault rifle, clips, are terms they don’t understand but for some reason sound scary. Since they don’t value guns then they assume we shouldn’t either.

Sorry for the ramble, but there is a little discrimination based on ignorance, but the bulk of the issue with gun control deals with the desire to eliminate the Constitutionally defined basis for this country in terms of freedom and liberty.
No apologies needed. This: //we have a large part of the country that only see guns on television. Semi-auto, assault rifle, clips, are terms they don’t understand but for some reason sound scary. Since they don’t value guns then they assume we shouldn’t either.//

May I respectfully request to use this quotation either in anonymous attribution or otherwise in that exact context? There is a secondary quote from a YouTube gun advocate - "Mr. Colion Noir" - and our interview that your statement would compliment. You should Google him sometime. He makes the argument that most Americans simply do not understand firearms and therefore advocate for their "control", but his theory is that this movement will fail. The narrative of gun control is not molding the average citizen who - in response to this new push - is instead flooding to their neighborhood gun show seeking firearms for the first time.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Here are some of the name on the list that to me, give me cause for concern...

B`nai B`rith

Jewish Labor Committee

National Council of Jewish Women

For the first time in the history of the Jewish people, they have unrestricted freedom to live and worship as they choose. With the atrocities they suffered during WW2 (just to name one instance) the phrase 'Never again' while once a battle cry, has since lost it's meaning...at least that's what it looks like from my end. People like Feinstein and Bloomberg are seeing to it that the phrase will remain utterly meaningless, are simply JINO's (Jews in name only) and are a pathetic example of a proud, determined and resilient group of people. While I myself am not Jewish, I greatly admire and respect them as a people...

National Association of School Safety and Law Enforcement Officers

This example, speaks for itself in the light of recent events.

I too am in NC and the gunbuster signs are few and far between but if I were to discover signage at a business I frequent, I would not only refuse to patronize that establishment, I would make it known to those involved why...

Here is a link to a fantastic site, whose commentaries can explain it a lot better than me...

http://jpfo.org/
There is a lot of difference between the Israeli Jewish and the North Eastern US Jewish community. The Jewish folks in New York are extremely liberal and were big supporters of Clinton's gun ban. It's nothing new.