Washington Times Journalist requests feedback from gun owners - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Washington Times Journalist requests feedback from gun owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4621 Times on 2301 Posts
Likes Given: 1068

I'm not even going to dignify, any argument involving suicide. NONE. I will
re-iterate.

What a person chooses to do, to THEMSELVES, with THEIR PROPERTY, will, in no way, ever, effect me or my right right to own a piece of property which is protected and enshrined in the Constitution of the United States of America.

We can discuss the merits of gun control involving school shootings, robberies and homicides (my stance is, people should be armed to defend against the threat), but there will be no discussion when it comes to suicide.

I WILL NOT...repeat... WILL NOT, be dictated, what I can or can not own, because a bunch of pro-euthanasia, pro "You can do what you want with your body." people suddenly care about...what people do with their bodies.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #102

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Agreed, but this fella concluded that firearm deaths comprised over 90% of all suicides....mostly in the hom with legally purchased guns... which was somewhere near 10k in 2010. Hard to argue with that, from any standpoint. They are going STRAIGHT for our jugular here. We will argue that suicidal people will kill themselves no matter what....their argument (which is hard to argue) is that firearms suicide is the method of choice because its quick and painless. And since most suicides ACTUALLY take place in a quick, impulsive fashion that guns are to blame because they are instantaneous.

I guess their main argument is, other methods generally take more time and work.... and in that time a person has time to reconsider. Once a trigger is pulled, VERY few survive

Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #103

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Tiffany, Welcome to the FTF.

As a person I can not be held accountable for the actions of others nor should I be punished, I can only try to live my life as I was taught by my parents. As a legal gun owner I feel that not only the Politicians that have been elected to represent me have turned their backs on me but society in part has also. Some want to take away some of my rights under the Constitution and severely hinder other rights under the lie of being for my own good. I feel this is just a control effort to make it much easier to continue to push me and our Nation into a trap other countries have fallen into.

So to answer your original question, yes I have and will stop trading with businesses that openly campaign against my 2nd Amendment rights or any of my other rights. I will share my views with friends and family and anyone who is willing to listen with an open mind. I will also actively campaign for or against anyone running for an elected office depending on the views that they hold on important topics such as gun control and our Constitutional Rights.

I am hopeful that more are willing to report the truth, good or bad, without jumping on the ratings band wagon. We truly need a clear voice to tell our side of the gun ownership stance. How our guns are tools for protection, sport or just fun family time at the range and not only used by bad people with bad intentions for deadly results. I actively talk to people about guns and gun safety trying to help educate them or gain information from someone far more knowledgeable. I have taken several friends to the gun range for their first time and helped introduce them into the sport of target shooting. I also encourage my friends and customers at my business to carry either concealed or open as both are legal in my state.

Thank you again and anything in this post worthy is yours to use.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #104
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7221 Times on 3664 Posts
Likes Given: 8000

Hi Tiffany, interesting thread you started here! Welcome and glad to see you on FTF!

I'm really am trying to bring the topic to the home-front cause all politics is local. I vote with my feet and if youve got a sign on your door that says nobody can carry their piece inside your establishment, I wont go in unless someone inside is armed and ready to protect us and our loved ones. I wont enter the play field of a duck shooting gallery, thats just not smart.

- wont buy any Firearms/ Bullets/ or anything related to them from anyone restricting my access to legal devices or supporting broader restrictions on an Unfettered 2nd Amendment, i will however buy their blue jeans and while im there stop by the gun counter and let whoever is behind it know im shopping for all my firearm needs at a 2A friendly Vender then take the socks to a generic checkout upfront so they dont even get credit for selling me sock.

- wont click a link with a famous anti 2nd name in it, wont go to their movies or buy anything they are hawking. They are all "Costas" to me, Non Gratis and no diff than Hanoi Jane, change the channel now before I destroy the TV!

- Write the Republicrat Bi-Parts Emails, letter and call, they wont listen but that doesnt stop me from talking!

Just because Im a retired Vet doesn't mean I dont value and care for the Constitution and Our BOR"s the same as I did when I raised my hand on 5 separate occasions and swore till death do us part. This is really for the children of our future, they deserve what others fought and died for, all of our freedoms, rights and responsibilities to remain fully intact and actionable.

This we will Defend!

Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #105

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have already started boycotting local businesses over this stuff. Especially alot of the gun shops in my area

Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #106

Liked 173 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I don't see many places with gun free zone signs up in my area. If I did I would avoid as much as possible.

The way I see it, if you don't enforce a gun free zone and provide security they are only gun free until a bad guy comes along. I would rather not be there when that happens.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #107
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360
I don't see many places with gun free zone signs up in my area. If I did I would avoid as much as possible.

The way I see it, if you don't enforce a gun free zone and provide security they are only gun free until a bad guy comes along. I would rather not be there when that happens.
Recently saw one in a movie theater but it mat have been too small, not sure on my states laws on how big a GFZ's sign has to be for it to be legal, I still carried a knife in anyway even though I'm not sure if knives are allowed in a GFZ

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 AM   #108

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

If a business is openly anti-gun I refuse to support them. Dicks sporting goods is on my no-go list. Cheaper than dirt has received my last dime. Idc if they claim they suspended online sales to "meet current orders" they did it in response to political climate and caved. I cannot and will not respect or support a business that does not stand their ground. As far as I'm concerned if Pres Obama uses executive powers to enforce gun control he is violating his oath of office and needs to be impeached. If the 2nd amendment is limited any further, or (worst case scenario) repealed the 1st amendment is next. Do people not realize the 2nd amendment is what protects the Bill of Rights? My forefathers spilled their blood on foreign soil so I could practice my right to bear arms (among other rights). I for one will not let their sacrifice go in vain.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #109
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock
If a business is openly anti-gun I refuse to support them. Dicks sporting goods is on my no-go list. Cheaper than dirt has received my last dime. Idc if they claim they suspended online sales to "meet current orders" they did it in response to political climate and caved. I cannot and will not respect or support a business that does not stand their ground. As far as I'm concerned if Pres Obama uses executive powers to enforce gun control he is violating his oath of office and needs to be impeached. If the 2nd amendment is limited any further, or (worst case scenario) repealed the 1st amendment is next. Do people not realize the 2nd amendment is what protects the Bill of Rights? My forefathers spilled their blood on foreign soil so I could practice my right to bear arms (among other rights). I for one will not let their sacrifice go in vain.
I have also stopped and never will watch the Office ever again because msnbc is too heavily biased, I'm also boycottng dicks, and walmart (if they do decide to stop selling guns and ammo) any other business's I should boycott?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #110

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Cheaper than dirt. I can't think of any others right of the top of my head