Walmart trip tonight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walmart trip tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Walmart trip tonight

Just left the local Walmart come about every three days to check ammo stock. The buying craze hadn't hit here as of Tuesday but defiantly in full force now since last visit they sold about 2000 .45, 500 .223 1500 9mm and about 500 .40 plus misc rounds. That didnt bother me what caught my attention was the guy at the counter talking with his higher ups. The corporate guys were talking about the guns and wanting to sell them and the large quantities they had in back. The counter guy said with an adiment voice "you cant sell it if they cant see it, you would need eight of these" pointing at display case. Customer walked buy and they hushed up. Corparate figure started talking about adding more display cases and conversation wrapped up. What i gathered from this is.
A. Walmart is taking advantage of this and displaying more guns to get in on buying craze.
B. Gubment told them to sell out of what they have by certain date or turn them in.
C. Flooding market with firearms to legal civilians in hopes of stopping any other massacre<=====what my heart is set on

But my guess is a

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

My Walmart I went to today. They had the sig AR15 in .22 caliber. A bunch of rifles and shotguns.
Ammo was picked through but there was .223 and 7.62x39 left, along with a lot of pistol ammo.

Seemed like business as usual here. (Maine).

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #3

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have never seen any thing like this. I was in Ogden Ut. yesterday and made the rounds of the LGS. The parking lots were full and stores were packed. The buying of everything firearms related was very fast.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymaro View Post
Just left the local Walmart come about every three days to check ammo stock. The buying craze hadn't hit here as of Tuesday but defiantly in full force now since last visit they sold about 2000 .45, 500 .223 1500 9mm and about 500 .40 plus misc rounds. That didnt bother me what caught my attention was the guy at the counter talking with his higher ups. The corporate guys were talking about the guns and wanting to sell them and the large quantities they had in back. The counter guy said with an adiment voice "you cant sell it if they cant see it, you would need eight of these" pointing at display case. Customer walked buy and they hushed up. Corparate figure started talking about adding more display cases and conversation wrapped up. What i gathered from this is.
A. Walmart is taking advantage of this and displaying more guns to get in on buying craze.
B. Gubment told them to sell out of what they have by certain date or turn them in.
C. Flooding market with firearms to legal civilians in hopes of stopping any other massacre<=====what my heart is set on

But my guess is a
I'd lean more towards a combo of a and b.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1677 Times on 1150 Posts
Likes Given: 589

We are talking about the busiest weeks at walmart. You have hunting season, gift giving and a lot of people just getting out to shoot. Business journals say more people waited to the last minute to Christmas shop. I wouldn't put to much weight on volume at walmart right now.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

beaglesam Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1924 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 3927

My local Walmart's, either ones that have ammo only (not an FFL) and the one that are FFL. Ammo is slim and when I say slim, I am indicating the shelves are getting bare.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #7

Liked 2514 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

I'm going to the SG section of the local WallyWorld tomorrow,

simply out of amused curiosity.

Updates, the day after "the end of the world", in the PM...

Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #8

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I stopped at walmart last night, they were totally out of:
22lr bulk packs
9mm
7.62x39
and just about everything else but 30-30 and other hunting ammo.

It's insane here... (Ky)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #9

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Exact words of a Walmart store manager

"Guns are an annoyance to Walmart. The increased scrutiny by the ATF, and the fact that they sell so close to cost makes it a cumbrance. Oh, and the fact that we employ retards doesn't help"

Given the political and popular negative attitude, they might be selling, and not replacing.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Exact words of a Walmart store manager

"Guns are an annoyance to Walmart. The increased scrutiny by the ATF, and the fact that they sell so close to cost makes it a cumbrance. Oh, and the fact that we employ retards doesn't help"

Given the political and popular negative attitude, they might be selling, and not replacing.
I'm sure he said "the fact we employ retards doesn't help". Give me a break.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.