Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Walmart trip tonight (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/walmart-trip-tonight-79111/)

mymaro 12-22-2012 02:27 AM

Walmart trip tonight

Just left the local Walmart come about every three days to check ammo stock. The buying craze hadn't hit here as of Tuesday but defiantly in full force now since last visit they sold about 2000 .45, 500 .223 1500 9mm and about 500 .40 plus misc rounds. That didnt bother me what caught my attention was the guy at the counter talking with his higher ups. The corporate guys were talking about the guns and wanting to sell them and the large quantities they had in back. The counter guy said with an adiment voice "you cant sell it if they cant see it, you would need eight of these" pointing at display case. Customer walked buy and they hushed up. Corparate figure started talking about adding more display cases and conversation wrapped up. What i gathered from this is.
A. Walmart is taking advantage of this and displaying more guns to get in on buying craze.
B. Gubment told them to sell out of what they have by certain date or turn them in.
C. Flooding market with firearms to legal civilians in hopes of stopping any other massacre<=====what my heart is set on

But my guess is a

Mosin 12-22-2012 02:30 AM

My Walmart I went to today. They had the sig AR15 in .22 caliber. A bunch of rifles and shotguns.
Ammo was picked through but there was .223 and 7.62x39 left, along with a lot of pistol ammo.

Seemed like business as usual here. (Maine).

nitestalker 12-22-2012 02:35 AM

I have never seen any thing like this. I was in Ogden Ut. yesterday and made the rounds of the LGS. The parking lots were full and stores were packed. The buying of everything firearms related was very fast.:)

mountainman13 12-22-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymaro (Post 1061493)
Just left the local Walmart come about every three days to check ammo stock. The buying craze hadn't hit here as of Tuesday but defiantly in full force now since last visit they sold about 2000 .45, 500 .223 1500 9mm and about 500 .40 plus misc rounds. That didnt bother me what caught my attention was the guy at the counter talking with his higher ups. The corporate guys were talking about the guns and wanting to sell them and the large quantities they had in back. The counter guy said with an adiment voice "you cant sell it if they cant see it, you would need eight of these" pointing at display case. Customer walked buy and they hushed up. Corparate figure started talking about adding more display cases and conversation wrapped up. What i gathered from this is.
A. Walmart is taking advantage of this and displaying more guns to get in on buying craze.
B. Gubment told them to sell out of what they have by certain date or turn them in.
C. Flooding market with firearms to legal civilians in hopes of stopping any other massacre<=====what my heart is set on

But my guess is a

I'd lean more towards a combo of a and b.

John_Deer 12-22-2012 03:17 AM

We are talking about the busiest weeks at walmart. You have hunting season, gift giving and a lot of people just getting out to shoot. Business journals say more people waited to the last minute to Christmas shop. I wouldn't put to much weight on volume at walmart right now.

Bigcountry02 12-22-2012 05:11 AM

My local Walmart's, either ones that have ammo only (not an FFL) and the one that are FFL. Ammo is slim and when I say slim, I am indicating the shelves are getting bare.

therewolf 12-22-2012 05:15 AM

I'm going to the SG section of the local WallyWorld tomorrow,

simply out of amused curiosity.

Updates, the day after "the end of the world", in the PM...:cool:

sputnik1988 12-22-2012 05:32 AM

I stopped at walmart last night, they were totally out of:
22lr bulk packs
9mm
7.62x39
and just about everything else but 30-30 and other hunting ammo.

It's insane here... (Ky)

willfully armed 12-22-2012 05:55 AM

Exact words of a Walmart store manager

"Guns are an annoyance to Walmart. The increased scrutiny by the ATF, and the fact that they sell so close to cost makes it a cumbrance. Oh, and the fact that we employ retards doesn't help"

Given the political and popular negative attitude, they might be selling, and not replacing.

Squawk 12-22-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed
Exact words of a Walmart store manager

"Guns are an annoyance to Walmart. The increased scrutiny by the ATF, and the fact that they sell so close to cost makes it a cumbrance. Oh, and the fact that we employ retards doesn't help"

Given the political and popular negative attitude, they might be selling, and not replacing.

I'm sure he said "the fact we employ retards doesn't help". Give me a break.