Walmart is our Friend !! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Walmart is our Friend !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

I have friends and know people that work for Walmart one of my friends works in the sporting goods with guns and they have told me that some not all of the rifles they sell at walmart are flawed in some way the rifles that Walmart carry are rifles that did not pass all of the manufactures specs and test so I say. Look closely when. Buying rifles from Walmart

O yea my friend is a manager for Walmart he told me this when I told him I was going to buy a dpms panther they had at his store for sale for $497 but I did not buy it

Last edited by urquidez; 09-16-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #22

Liked 1417 Times on 838 Posts
Likes Given: 437

My Howa 1500 in .223 which shoots about 2/3" groups at 100 yards with surplus ammo was a WalMart gun.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #23

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Wal Mart is the biggest seller of sporting goods in the world I believe, I know they are bigger than K-Mart or Target, 2500 or more stores. Not all sell guns, they sell only items that will move off the shelf. They don't price match their own stores or online prices, only competitors. I had heard they buy from the same distributor as others, Davis I believe. They mark prices up in the hood because they know the tax payers are funding the bill, so they mark it up. Have you seen the price of baby formula?? Some stores keep it under lock and key! It's almost $30 a can here, I'm done raising babies but I am not eligible for welfare and can't afford that counter crack, lift the shirt mom!
I do work down the street from store #1 and it's about 5 miles from the main office. It looks like they have a change in the head sporting goods dept position because they were trying to go anti gun as I was told by the guy at store #1 sporting goods. They have a great selection of rifles and semi autos but not all the stores in this area are carrying rifles so they don't compete with sales of the ones that do.

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 216 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I don't know about the entire state but Walmart doesn't sell guns in Monmouth County, NJ. They used to sell ammo but not for quite a few years now I believe.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #25

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
What states does Walmart sell guns?
In my part of Florida, Wal-Mart sells long guns but not pistols or revolvers.

Carl Sagan

Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #26

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
From what I understand Walmart always cuts costs by cutting corners and using inferior materials etc. If it's too good to be true, it is.
Bingo...

I carry a CRKT Ken Onion folder I bought at Wal Mart for $30.00

Real CRKT Ken Onion Ripples retail for $115 to $140 elsewhere.

The difference is that the Wal Mart Ripple uses cheaper steel in the blade and is make in China.

I new this before I bought and was fine with it because I tend to loose my folder about once per quarter so in ^^THIS^^ instance the inferior Walt Product is fine but I would NOT buy a gun from them.

Wal Mart, Like K Mart before and Sears before that, is a publicly traded company and 1 mass shooting away from making a corporate decision to drop guns from there inventory.

The only question is, how many private FFL's will Wal Mart drive out of business before they bend over for the next Rossie O'donnel?

Tack

Old 09-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #27

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I thought they brought the guns back, To boost sales, which have been in a long slump for Walmart. They have been showing up more around here, even with the shootings that happened.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #28

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default Wal Mart is our friend?

Wal Mart is a corporate entity. It's ONLY friends are it's shareholders! Nothing wrong with that BUT understand that the ONLY Reason they sell guns is PROFIT.

Compared to groceries, gun proffits are insignificant to Wal Mart. There frozen food sections alone, per store, average $300,000.00 in weekly sales.

They are not our friend and dont NEED gun sales to survive. They will take the proffit as long it's politicaly palatable to do so.

They can and WILL drop gun sales the moment a large public outcry threatens there REAL proffit sources.

...so wake the F-/:; UP and stop giving gun sales to people who DO NOT need them to stay in business.

Tack

Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

The new store in San Jose does not carry guns or ammo. The sales guy said that it is because of state law, but there are two gun stores within a mile that sell both, so I am not so sure he knows what he is talking about. Could be that it is a city ordinance.

The store in Milpitas sells ammo but not guns. The ammo selection is pretty bad.

Both stores are in one of the most liberal counties in CA.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

The WalMart by me does not sell any guns but it does sell ammo. I don't recall seeing any guns in any WalMart here in Northern Illinois. They all have ammo, though.

As for their meat, I find it flavorless. I can get better meat at cheaper prices by watching the sales ads for the other grocery stores around me. I watch sales ads closely but I still do most of my grocery buying from WalMart.