Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Walmart is our Friend !! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/walmart-our-friend-72458/)

mudpupp 09-15-2012 09:44 AM

Walmart is our Friend !!

1 Attachment(s)
Walmart is our Friend .. This week anyway.

For the first time of my knowledge, our local Walmarts are advertising Colt and Sig Sauer AR-15's for sale in there weekly ad!

Way to go Walmart!

Attachment 58884

danf_fl 09-15-2012 10:29 AM

Those prices are close to dealer pricing.

Makes me wonder if those are special runs that Walmart can work out with the manufacturers on volume pricing?

Or does Walmart buy those that are functional, but flawed in some way?

WebleyFosbery38 09-15-2012 11:37 AM

So many folks love to hate Wallmart but I like them, Walton was truly a visionary. I dont go their often but Im not upset to see them doing well. Republicrats say they want to help the poor, Walmart really does help the poor. They get jobs, reasonable prices and consistent availability of affordable goods.

They dont hurt small businesses, few are left and if the locality cant afford their prices, they wont have any customers anyways. It would truly be hypocritical of me to say those with less $$ than I should not have access to guns because they cant afford them. I can gaurentee that they are not less than presented in quality, you cant sell defective or second rate guns to the public, you will get your pants sued off.

If Wally World can get them at the right price, they only increase our odds of keeping our Constitution solid for coming generations.

mountainman13 09-15-2012 11:51 AM

From what I understand Walmart always cuts costs by cutting corners and using inferior materials etc. If it's too good to be true, it is.

Yunus 09-15-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Those prices are close to dealer pricing.

Makes me wonder if those are special runs that Walmart can work out with the manufacturers on volume pricing?

Or does Walmart buy those that are functional, but flawed in someway?

Volume pricing and sometimes exclusive models.

purehavoc 09-15-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 941504)
From what I understand Walmart always cuts costs by cutting corners and using inferior materials etc. If it's too good to be true, it is.

I just don't see it. Sig and Colt aren't going to put their names on second rate half ass made products. Walmart does do a lot of import goods and volume buying . They have 8500 stores in 15 different countries that operate under a different name , think about it like this Wally world buys just 1500 of each gun , what kinda price do they get now . Rock bottom. They employ 2.2 mil people right now. That's a damn lot a jobs. I hate to see all the imports in our country but our economy would be in a worse spot without them. I will not buy meat from them but other goods are just other goods and I do like to buy my tula ammo from them . Saves me some freight charges :) and I don't have to buy 1000 rds to get the same pricing as a box of 20 .

levelcross 09-15-2012 02:19 PM

when dealing with wallyworld you need to know what you are looking at, the meat is not the best, but it is usually cheaper. I am sure that most of the other things in the store are the same way, check it out good before you buy.

gollygee 09-15-2012 02:39 PM

I don't know if it's legal to sell "blems" in firearms, or not. I know you used to be able to buy blemished tires & our gubmit put a stop to it. But Walmart does not sell 'top of the line' items of the manufacturers they represent. I'm not familiar with ARs, but if someone were to get the detailed specs of these, might find they are not as cheap as they look.

Sonic82 09-15-2012 02:46 PM

about Walmart beef....
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wal-mart-brings-higher-quality-beef-to-us-stores-2011-11-08

drvsafe 09-15-2012 03:00 PM

Walmart typically asks for exclusive models or ask for limited sales of a model to other big box retailers if they are going to carry it in their stores. The less they have to deal with price matching.