Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Is WalMart Chinese? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/walmart-chinese-48490/)

PanBaccha 09-19-2011 02:31 PM

Is WalMart Chinese?

I remember hearing that WalMart is owned by the Chinese,
hence why the products sold there are relatively cheap (or use to be).
I remember when dog food made in China and sold
to us in USA there were dozens upon dozens of reports
of dogs suddenly dying everywhere. So, needless to say,
I stay away from dog products made and sold by them at
WalMart's. My question now extends to ammo. With that
reputation should I be wary as to the quality of ammo that
is sold there too?

Toll13 09-19-2011 02:50 PM

Walmart sells brand name stuff. So it is made in the same place it is at another store. I know they sell Winchester brand ammo. The same goes for dog food: Alpo is Alpo, etc.

trip286 09-19-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toll13 (Post 582746)
Walmart sells brand name stuff. So it is made in the same place it is at another store. I know they sell Winchester brand ammo. The same goes for dog food: Alpo is Alpo, etc.

yep. Wal-Mart, whether it's currently an American owned company or not (IDK if it is or not) does still carry American name brand products. If it says "Made in USA" then it is, unless it's counterfeit-in which case file a lawsuit and get us all a nice pretty gift.

neilage66 09-19-2011 05:57 PM

I remember it was a national news story back in the early 90's when a retired couple in Arizona found a product being sold at Walmart that was Made in China. Up until that moment in time, Walmart was all-American and to carry a Chinese product was shocking. Look where 20 years has got us...:(

7point62 09-20-2011 11:35 AM

I think Target has slightly better quality cheap Chinese sh*t than Wal-Mart's cheap Chinese sh*t.

Drriley 09-20-2011 12:27 PM

Walmart is an American (stock holder) owned company. The bulk of the stock is still owned by the founder's (Sam Walton) family.

Walmart Home Office
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, Arkansas
72716-8611

c3shooter 09-20-2011 12:34 PM

WalMart is a publicly traded stock corporation (stock symbol WMT) headquarterd in Bentonville Arkansas. You can buy their stock from a broker, or directly from WalMart, and then YOU are a part owner. They are the largest corporation in the US for several years.

Winchester ammo is made by Olin-Matheison, who owns the Winchester brand for ammo. WalMart's Mossberg shotguns are made by Mossberg. Their 10-22s by Ruger. Their Pepsi is made by Pepsi.

Yes, I remember the pet food fiasco, but that hit EVERY company that sold a lot of pet food.

Overkill0084 09-20-2011 01:43 PM

Not PC, but still good:

trip286 09-20-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7point62 (Post 583143)
I think Target has slightly better quality cheap Chinese sh*t than Wal-Mart's cheap Chinese sh*t.

Most definitely