Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Wally World Issue (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wally-world-issue-18817/)

Benning Boy 10-04-2009 04:04 AM

Wally World Issue

So Mrs. Benning takes her vehicle to Wal-Mart for an oil change. BB is so proud that she's responsible, and he doesn't have to deal with it.

So she drives for a week, all the while noticing a smell.

She does massive running tonite, see smoke coming out, pops the hood, and discovers that the talking monkeys at Wal-Mart didn't put the cap back on.

She puts her emergency oil in, drives home, and gets to meet with the manager tomorrow. I think I'll be there.

I should point out that I keep a lawyer on retainer, and a small claims suit would cost me nothing.

What's my next move?

cpttango30 10-04-2009 04:22 AM

Dealing with the twits at Wal mart may require the use of your Lawyer.

I had a girl that took her car to walmart once they forgot to add oil. She drove it for abotu a day before it locked up so tight it was not funny.

Wal mart tried to blame her for the problem because she didn't check her oil every day. We (me and a few other guys) made her go to the JAG. Wal-mart was not going to pay for damages and she was a single mom without a car now. One call from Harmon Rabb and Wal-mart bought her a new engine paid for the install and paid for a nice rental car while it was getting done.

Benning Boy 10-04-2009 04:36 AM

I thought I might have to go that route.

Thanks, Brother Tango.:cool:

CA357 10-04-2009 04:47 AM

Apparently, stupid really is as stupid does. Good luck.

IGETEVEN 10-04-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 169644)
I should point out that I keep a lawyer on retainer, and a small claims suit would cost me nothing.

What's my next move?

DENNY CRANE!!!!!! :D

Jack

cpttango30 10-04-2009 12:45 PM

Why Denny? So he would shoot someone from walmart in the court room..... I love that show.

Mark F 10-04-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 169652)
Apparently, stupid really is as stupid does. Good luck.

That's a FACT.

markerdown 10-04-2009 02:43 PM

What did you expect, ASE qualified first rate mechanics at wal-mart? I've worked in places like that part time in my younger AF days. They may have 1 or 2 good mechs, the rest are clowns and the good guys don't stay long. You always have to check your car over before you leave!

You'll get the corporate concern line from the auto dept manager.

Make sure you read the fine print on that service contract that your wife signed authorizing them to screw up your car. ...................markerdown

bobbyb13 10-04-2009 04:14 PM

Been through that.

I was in a hurry, no line at Wally. I had them change the oil in Matt's 5.0 Mustang. The have 2 drain plugs. They drained the front one dumped 5 quarts in and ran it out the door. I checked the oil before I fired it. Just 2 or 3quarts over full. No damage. Just redo it while I watched them. Being in a hurry, yeah, that worked good. I did grin a little when I would not let them start it to put it back over the pit. Push it boys.

dunerunner 10-04-2009 04:22 PM

Make 'em pay BB, it won't make any difference for the rest of the public who doesn't know any better but....it might!!

This kind of stuff makes my blood boil. When I think of the hoops I had to jump through to get my first job at a service station (that's what they called a full service garage and gas station in the old days) I wonder what employers are thinking about these days?