Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wall-Safe.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Yea...I'll look around today on the internet....See what's out there,just need something small and like it out-of-the-way in a wall.....

Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #12

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I own my house but I wasn't going to put much in-it...Maybe some old coins and things like that...I only have hand-guns and they are under dressers in fake clocks in kitchen cabnets ...I have no kids here so I hide loaded guns everywhere I can...7 as of right now.....Just wanted a wall-safe out of the way in the closet for stupid-stuff...not even fire-proof really....
Then you already went smart. A safe says "Valuables here".

Thieves don't wan't to spend alot of time looking around.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #13

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Googled SAFE's and it took hours to look at them-all.....

Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7304 Times on 4242 Posts
Likes Given: 9413

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Googled SAFE's and it took hours to look at them-all.....
You might have better luck Googling 'Boobs'. Mind you, this won't help you find a safe but it will undoubtedly take your mind off of it.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #15

Liked 762 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 982

One thing to keep in mind about safes... is they can become the carry-out box if they are light constructed and not properly anchored. A SENTRY fireproof (resistant) document safe will probably fill your needs for your coins, you will need to bolt them to the floor of frame it in a secure setting. With safe you want to make it a "slow go" with thieves where the time spent trying to remove it from the location overrides the benefits with in.

Also the less you advertise wealth, or valued items the better it will always be ..Op SEC is number one.

The safety deposit box option is always a viable option, for coin and wealth storage. But there are disadvantages with them. They are not under your immediate control, you have to plan to go view the contents (add/remove) and contents are always subject to government seizure. Ask your grandparents what occurred when the government made Gold ownership illeagal. The Deposit boxes were seized of contents and inspected for Gold.

I'm a fan of the larger heavier gun safes, secured to the floor maybe concealed in a hideout room, or placed in the basement as a new home is built. It will provide a wider range of use for valuable storage. But you have to use them as designed ask any gun owner on any forum that have large safes with their guns. How many leave the doors unsecured when they are home, or fail to check the door before the leave the house for the day? lol.

Good Karma
ST~

Become steel or get cut.