Walking Dead FYI - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Justified. +1

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #82

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca357
justified. +1 :d
+1,000,000,000

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #83
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm frustrated by the script's INSISTENCE the survivors need 'proper firearms training'. They go on and on about how folks need training as if that's the key; they give the vibe "guns are dangerous - maybe more than the walkers". hate that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Im guessing that you could assume that they gathered a bunch during their stay at the CDC. But your guess is as good as mine,why didnt they grab some M4s and M16s while they were there?? You know that there were an abundance of them laying around
Because "guns" are not the answer! :-/

Yeah, i'd be jacking as much as I could from departed military units. Heck, a Bradley would be pretty awesome; and a 5-ton towing fuel. Course, the show would only last a few episodes.

Last edited by dmp; 11-22-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sorry, logic doesn't apply to television. Just look at the success of "reality" shows.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #85

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Sorry, logic doesn't apply to television. Just look at the success of "reality" shows.
And spongebob. Hello, he cooks burgers on a grill, under freakin water!!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #86

Liked 1220 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 621

The way the shield ended I know its dead but justified left us hanging , any word on when the new season starts , Im tired of getting eye raped every night by 2 1/5 men and big bang theory .

BTW We were this close / to naming our son Raland , now that would be more bad ass than chuck norris or walker texas ranger maybe even steven segal

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Raylan Givens is the lead character in Justified. The executive producer is Elmore Leonard. The series is based on two of his books.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #88
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
I'm frustrated by the script's INSISTENCE the survivors need 'proper firearms training'. They go on and on about how folks need training as if that's the key; they give the vibe "guns are dangerous - maybe more than the walkers". hate that stuff.

Because "guns" are not the answer! :-/

Yeah, i'd be jacking as much as I could from departed military units. Heck, a Bradley would be pretty awesome; and a 5-ton towing fuel. Course, the show would only last a few episodes.
I didnt take it that way.

All of us (in real life) need proper firearms training and continued trips to the range to keep our skills sharp.

If one doesnt have proper training, they seldom know how to safely handle a firearm.

Last weeks episode was pretty good IMHO insofar as the young boy getting busted with a pistol in his waistband. He was taken to his parents where his mother freaked out. (In real life this is often the case. Look at how many replys to threads we have on here alone about how the man wants to teach the child but the mother is against it and often bans having guns in the house.) Then the debate began about how the child lived in a dangerous world and that it was a fact of life that guns were in camp and that the lad needed to be properly trained.

Even tho it was hollyweirded up and could have been done better or in more detail, imho it was well done.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #89

Liked 1220 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Whats his name back in season one one the roof top . He was picking off walkers sniper style . That would be fun as hell and dang good training

And I saw a preview for the new Justified last night , It showed Raylans hat on the ground in the woods , I hope like hell him and sophia are not lost together . That would be over half a year almost wasted on my two favorite shows looking for someone lost in the damn woods .
Justified comes back in January yeaaaaaaaaa I hope it will make up for the let down Im sure were gonna get from TWD this sunday

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 11-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #90

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'll be putting my boy behind a .22 again this week! I'll throw you guys some videos. FMJ, remember, he doesn't get nearly as much range time as your boy, so don't laugh!! That's mostly because I don't have anything small enough for him to shoot, so he only gets to shoot at his grandma's house.