Walking Dead FYI - Page 67
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #661
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i was FRANTICALLY lookin for a substitute satellite provider. only problem was that DIRECT was the only other choice that's offered. DIRECT SUX BIG DONKEY PIPE!

it surprised the hell outta me when i was flippin channels on sunday night and THERE IT WAS! I WAS ON CLOUD 9!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #662
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
i was FRANTICALLY lookin for a substitute satellite provider. only problem was that DIRECT was the only other choice that's offered. DIRECT SUX BIG DONKEY PIPE!

it surprised the hell outta me when i was flippin channels on sunday night and THERE IT WAS! I WAS ON CLOUD 9!
i know exactly what you mean! you can bet when the WD comes on again, i will be in front of the TV!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #663
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I had to play catch up with everyone. Just finished watching the first two seasons and the first episode of the third. Have to say, it's one heck of a show and I'm sharpening my katana as we speak, just in case...

Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #664

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok I think you got it wrong bud! DISH is the one that SUCKS, NOT DIRECT TV. I had dish along time ago when they first came out, and back then when I seen they would drop channels I was like HELL NO, I'm switching because I would get into shows on certain channels then they just drop them like that, :shaking head:, so I switched to direct tv and I haven't had a problem yet. They even upgraded my box to the HD DVR with the touch screen that lets me watch or pause or record up to 5 channels on any tv in my house for free. I was like what no extra charge and they said nope! But it was also probably because I was one of the first to get the new LCD flat screen back in the day when like the biggest they made was a 40" and I upgrade to a TiVO with DVR back then and I had told them I wanted a box with the HDMI plug so I could get better picture then a coaxe cable and they didn't so years later I complained when I moved to my new house and then they hooked me up, so direct doesn't suck and they have the most shows in HD and they don't drop shows either! Just my opinion though! I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #665
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Ok I think you got it wrong bud! DISH is the one that SUCKS, NOT DIRECT TV. I had dish along time ago when they first came out, and back then when I seen they would drop channels I was like HELL NO, I'm switching because I would get into shows on certain channels then they just drop them like that, :shaking head:, so I switched to direct tv and I haven't had a problem yet. They even upgraded my box to the HD DVR with the touch screen that lets me watch or pause or record up to 5 channels on any tv in my house for free. I was like what no extra charge and they said nope! But it was also probably because I was one of the first to get the new LCD flat screen back in the day when like the biggest they made was a 40" and I upgrade to a TiVO with DVR back then and I had told them I wanted a box with the HDMI plug so I could get better picture then a coaxe cable and they didn't so years later I complained when I moved to my new house and then they hooked me up, so direct doesn't suck and they have the most shows in HD and they don't drop shows either! Just my opinion though! I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD!!!
well i actually like DirectTV better, but my satellite, phone and DSL are all together. i also have unlimited long distance and a second phone line that i use for business included in it as well. my bill is flat-rated and only increases if use the pay-per-view services. but it did upset me when Dish Network dropped AMC, but it's back now, so everything is cool again!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #666

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
I agree, I've had directv for a couple years now and really like it. I used to have dish with the dsl internet and phone through Verizon. We got tired of everytime the tv went out having to talk to someone at a call center in Bangladesh or India. Also every couple weeks our dsl would just stop working so we'd have to call and have them troubleshoot it. Dish dropping AMC just solidified us staying with directv.

My dad has dish and is trying to get WiFi setup through his receiver, I say trying because the dish installers have been there 4 times and still don't know why its not working.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #667

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

I can't watch anymore 100 yard shot with only the front post on an ar no way to aim with jus the front post who the hell is telling them to handle guns this way am I the only person seeing this crap???

Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #668
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1895 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 3894

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
I can't watch anymore 100 yard shot with only the front post on an ar no way to aim with jus the front post who the hell is telling them to handle guns this way am I the only person seeing this crap???
I watched that, no scope and just the front sight. I am not happy, especially at the ending of this one. I am about to just say, forget and TV is done for me.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #669

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

it WAS kinda a s!-!itty episode.

but it was more to add characters, give a lil info on current characters, and to add a "blacker" soul than "the group's."

where the group is "turnin black" to survive and keep what sanity they have together, "the gov'na" seems to do it for power and his own sociopathic tendencies.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #670
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Really? REALLY?!!? Again with the "The shooting is soo fake" crap...but the premise of people coming back to life after dieing is SOOoooooo plausible??

Good christ!!

If you ask me it was a good episode tonight. new characters, new layers of intrigue...and what the HELL was that wall of heads?? And the top one they zoomed in on for the closing shot??

Personally i dont think the "gov'na" is the truly evil one here... (ohhh hes messed in the head all right) BUT...whos his little mad scientist...THAT dude needs watching!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 10-29-2012 at 02:23 AM.
People Like This