Walking Dead FYI - Page 64
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #631
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I saw a behind the scenes look at the show... most of their prop guns aren't even blank firing guns, they're rubber. The effects are added after filming.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #632
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Aright, you win. But they should still try to be a little more realistic with some things with all the effort they put into makin a "realistic" show.

I'm not knockin the show, it's become one of my favorites. Just surpassed mythbusters.
DUDE!!! REALLY?!!?!?!?

That show is a JOKE!! They make up the science to fit their agenda!

I have a friend that smokes while filling her car with gas "Because myth busters said a cigarette could NOT ignite gas"

while on the surface this may be true...tossing a lit cig in a container of gasoline it may not ignite...its the VAPORS that are volatile, ignite and cause explosions and its the VAPORS wafting from the hose and filler neck that get ignited by the cig. But you cant tell the idiots nothing BECAUSE MYTH BUSTERS SAID ITS THE GOSPEL,

Another one is that having a topper on your truck does not increase fuel mileage...i have had pickups for 25 years. I have driven them in the city and on the highway/freeway with and without toppers....the DO get better gas mileage with a topper.

The last one they "PROVED" motorcycles pollute more than cars by burning LESS fuel.

That show is pure unadulterated CRAP!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 10-26-2012 at 02:22 AM.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #633

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

DUDE!!! REALLY?!!?!?!?

That show is a JOKE!! They make up the science to fit their agenda!

I have a friend that smokes while filling her car with gas "Because myth busters said a cigarette could ignite gas"

while on the surface this may be true...tossing a lit cig in a container of gasoline it may not ignite...its the VAPORS that are volatile, ignite and cause explosions and its the VAPORS wafting from the hose and filler neck that get ignited by the cig. But you cant tell the idiots nothing BECAUSE MYTH BUSTERS SAID ITS THE GOSPEL,

Another one is that having a topper on your truck does not increase fuel mileage...i have had pickups for 25 years. I have driven them in the city and on the highway/freeway with and without toppers....the DO get better gas mileage with a topper.

The last one they "PROVED" motorcycles pollute more than cars by burning LESS fuel.

That show is pure unadulterated CRAP!!
I'm with you on the topper/camper shell it works
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #634

Liked 93 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

"Motorcycle engines are twice as efficient as automobile engines, she notes, so they generally emit less carbon dioxide. But they emit large amounts of nitrogen oxides, which along with hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide are measured by state and federal air quality regulators to determine whether vehicles meet emissions rules."

And they don't have catalytic converters to cut down on emissions on bikes either. It's not all about co2 emission.

As far as the other ones, I'm not too concerned. I don't take what they say as gospel. I enjoy the show and I believe 99% of what they say because they have the technology and resources to test things that we can't.

Anyhow, I am still rating the walking dead as my favorite show. I hope their budget grows and I hope the show lasts forever. I don't know if the comics actually have an end or not.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #635

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Brandon Lee was killed by a .44 slug that was stuck in the barrel from a screwup where a round that had only primer and no powder had ended up being fired in the gun the day before, leaving the slug stuck half way down the barrel -- & then propelled by a squib blank into his abdomen from 8 ft away (the next day).

Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #636

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Strange thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post
I saw a behind the scenes look at the show... most of their prop guns aren't even blank firing guns, they're rubber. The effects are added after filming.
Managing the security of real firearms on a set like the WD would be a nightmare, even without ammunition! It's one thing to have expensive items walk off a set, but to have expensive items that could be used to kill someone, I doubt they’d even get insurance.*

I could imagine a director, not being satisfied with an actor performing a dying scene, shooting one of the extras and saying, "See? Die like that." It would return the term; 'Fired', back to its roots.

*Oh God! More frightening than a world filled with Zombies! Coming Next Season; ‘The Walking Life Insurance Salespeople’.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #637

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylos
Brandon Lee was killed by a .44 slug that was stuck in the barrel from a screwup where a round that had only primer and no powder had ended up being fired in the gun the day before, leaving the slug stuck half way down the barrel -- & then propelled by a squib blank into his abdomen from 8 ft away (the next day).
I was just about to talk about that too when I seen the other guys post! Your exactly right on what when down. The reason that happened was the day before he died they were fixing to be shooting the scene where he dies and they saved that part towards the end of filming the movie, but that day before they were going to be doing a close up of the .44 mag revolver that the bad guy was holding and there firearm expert that was suppose to be on scene couldn't be there so they pulled the actual bullets out of the casing to drain the gun powder out then they were shooting the casings to strike the primer in the back, then they would put the bullets back in the casing and set them to the side in another box for the props. Well the problem was one of the primers didn't get struck right so when they loaded the revolver up to shoot the close up scene the day before Brandon lee wasn't even there yet. Well they wanted to guy to fire the gun so they could film the guns hammer moving and the revolver part rotating, well the bullet that the primer didn't strike right went off that time and with the gun powder residue had just a tiny bit of pressure to force the bullet out of the casing causing it to get lodged in the barrel. Where there mistake was, they had to many people working on the gun scene instead of just a select few because after that someone else took the gun over to the table dumped those out and set the gun by the blanks they made. The guy that was test firing the gun that day even said he heard a different sound that time but didn't think to check the barrel or the ammo that was in it. So the next day they filmed the death scene of Brandon lee and they loaded the gun with the blanks which we all know is basically the same power as real ammo, there just minus the actual bullet. So they shot the gun and the blank projected to .44 mag bullet that was lodged in the barrel out and killed him. Sorry this was so long but I like the details of things. Lol

Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #638
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylos
My friend thinks that was intentional and that he was murdered.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #639

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Mystery of murder or accident

Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #640

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
My friend thinks that was intentional and that he was murdered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLAROCK View Post
Mystery of murder or accident
They said the same thing about his father. And then the family curse.

The video of the incident itself was reviewed and ultimately destroyed so we may never know.

He is buried next to his dad up on the hill in Seattle's Lakeview Cemetary. It's a beautiful location and his headstone is amazing, with a quote concerning life and death that he gave in one of his last interviews on it.

It's kind of erie, but it offers peace as well.