Walking Dead FYI - Page 58
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #571
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man

What happens when somebody comes to the prison and tries to take over its harder to do that if you have 5 more to ur group rather than 2
I'd rather have a smaller group of people I can trust rather than a larger unruly group. Like what's his name said a post or two ago, they have been in lock-up for the entire breakout. They don't have the right mentality for survival. They proved that by rushing at the first zombie hoard they encountered. It showed they weren't able to follow orders either.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #572

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
What happens when somebody comes to the prison and tries to take over its harder to do that if you have 5 more to ur group rather than 2

this is true, but those inside have the definite advantage. they have fortified positions AND the ability to lock all doors to ingress. EVERY ingress/egress has bars and locks.......so no easy way of gettin in without a heavy time consumption.

unless those that come to "take" the prison have tanks or some HE weaponry...................ADVANTAGE to those in prison.

because of the sheer nature of the beast (prison), the force multiplier IS @ IT'S HIGHEST FOR THOSE BEHIND THOSE WALLS. that's why castles had to be overrun with prolly a 20 to 1 advantage for those stormin it, or some kind of force multiplier of the aggressors' own.........catapult/trebuchet.

a WELL fortified stronghold, seems to trump numbers. if the defenders are trained well enough, and can hold out with enough food and water, then most likely, the attackers will give up and hit an easier target.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 10-22-2012 at 06:55 PM.
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #573

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have to always avoid this thread on Monday mornings as I can't watch the episode until MOnday night when I get home from work.

Rick is doing his job, and he is taking care of his group.

The kid (is that Carl?) is becoming too good, too soon. Going and clearing the infirmary by himself was reckless, but VERY effective. I think he needs to spend some time with Darryl.

Darryl continues to shine as the only real possessional on the show. He doesn't allow himself creature comforts, he trusts no one who isn't with the group, and he only really trusts about half of them. He has proven time and again to be absolutely loyal to Rick, and his muzzle discipline still continues to be top notch.

As to the prisoners. Ponytail would have been dead the minute he pointed a weapon at one of my crew. He was obviously the Alpha Male of their group with several sheep in tow. I think if Rick would have just done him in, or let Darryl take him, from the word go, that prisoner group would have been FAR more cooperative.

As for bringing them into the group as a whole?! Are you serious?! Those are guys who were serving long terms in prison, plus they had been in the kitchen for an estimated 10 months, and you want to just put 4 females in front of them?

Worst. Idea. Evah!

That is just BEGGING for a battle of wills/dominance between the WD crew and the prisoners. And from what we have clearly seen, the prison crew lacks discipline and the ability to follow orders.

I am not sure who is watching from the bushes. I presume it's Darryl's brother, but it could be an advanced scout for The Governor, as he will be THE main protagonist this season and he character is D-A-R-K!

It could be Michonne (katana girl), leading that sick gal on the trail of her friends to try and re-join them, but I am doubtful.

My money is on a very soon introduction of The Governor, and then start the countdown timer to fully creepy.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #574

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Walking dead was pretty great this weekend...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #575

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I don't think the "peeper" in the bushes is Merl because the coming attractions show him with Michonne and Andrea taking them to The Governor.
As for the prisoners, yeah I agree, if it was me I'd have put a bullet in Tomas's head right away!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #576

GOOD NEWS, it's back on DISH! channel 131 for this area.....Louisiana. got an e-mail today about it also.

i like Darryl too. IN FACT, i ordered me a 120lb recurve crossbow today, just because of him. i wasn't lookin for an expensive one, just something that was affordable, and possibly reliable. i will know after i shoot it for a while, and then order two more @ the price.

http://budk.com/product/Outdoors-Survival/Crossbows/Black-120-lb-Crossbow/pc/2959/c/0/sc/2966/162347.uts
suggested retail: $105.00
retail: $79.99
sale: $49.98

it looked to be a pretty good lil bow.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mjyXZjIePj0

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 10-23-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #577

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
GOOD NEWS, it's back on DISH! channel 131 for this area.....Louisiana. got an e-mail today about it also.
Good man... Show is too good
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #578

The person in the the bushes has to be a scout for the governor. Also why is Carol cutting open zombies by herself? I thought they were a tight group now but everyone is running off already!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #579

and why dint they just kill all the z-men, instead of the one, and then leadin them off?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #580
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
and why dint they just kill all the z-men, instead of the one, and then leadin them off?
YEAH, that thought crossed my mind too. why save them for another time, or chance they could get you. if given the oportunity.. maybe they thought it would make a big scene and more would come.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This