Walking Dead FYI - Page 50
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #491
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I was happy with that episode; watched much of it twice.

Anybody know about the suppressors they were using clearing that house? One of them (the kid had) looked kinda odd.
I saw on the talking dead last year that they used flashlights as silencers. Just to look like one, not actually in use. If I remember correctly. That one didn't quite look like a flashlight though

Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #492
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 766 Posts
Likes Given: 704

hopefully i can find it online when i get home today

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #493

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

the suppressor rick had on the glock was a 2 C battery mag-lite......the one carl had on the beretta looked kinda like an oil funnel that had been capped.

as for the episode, it was good, but i couldn't figure out why they couldn't go "through" the zombie hordes........in order to get out of the area. a large enough vehicle with a cow catcher attached to the front would suffice.

and pi$$ on wastin bullets on the walkers! draw'em to the perimeter and blade'em through the head..........THROUGH THE FENCE. save valuable ammo. PLUS IT'S SAFER. open up all the doors to the prison, "bait'em" out and wait behind the fence to kill'em.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #494

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
the suppressor rick had on the glock was a 2 C battery mag-lite......the one carl had on the beretta looked kinda like an oil funnel that had been capped.

as for the episode, it was good, but i couldn't figure out why they couldn't go "through" the zombie hordes........in order to get out of the area. a large enough vehicle with a cow catcher attached to the front would suffice.

and pi$$ on wastin bullets on the walkers! draw'em to the perimeter and blade'em through the head..........THROUGH THE FENCE. save valuable ammo. PLUS IT'S SAFER. open up all the doors to the prison, "bait'em" out and wait behind the fence to kill'em.
By the looks of it there a pretty good number of them they might have broke thru the fence like on the farm in season 2 but they should have saved that ammo for inside the prison so they wouldn't have had to run from the walkers

Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #495

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Looks like a great start

Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #496

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
By the looks of it there a pretty good number of them they might have broke thru the fence like on the farm in season 2 but they should have saved that ammo for inside the prison so they wouldn't have had to run from the walkers

yeah, that's a possibility, but i would've made sure and "sew" that big hole they made in the fence up with something stronger than the "wire" they used. lol

as for killin the walkers issue, lure'em to an area and get behind an iron-barred door and kill'em one @ a time like i stated earlier..........IT will hold up.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #497

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Forget cow catchers....have you seen how many abandoned humvees they've come across and are not utilizing. I wouldn't think twice to throw all my gear in one a now walkers down with it. Hell those tall military tires, high ground clearance and steel brushguard makes a humvee a perfect "walker stomper".

Not to mention, every military vehicle I came across would be searched for mre's, ammo, grenades, fuel etc, whatever I could use to survive and kill zombies.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 10-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
jjfuller1 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #498
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
I saw on the talking dead last year that they used flashlights as silencers. Just to look like one, not actually in use. If I remember correctly. That one didn't quite look like a flashlight though
I can't find a picture of the one the kid had, but it made me think of a piece of aluminum baseball bat or something.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Forget cow catchers....have you seen how many abandoned humvees they've come across and are not utilizing. I wouldn't think twice to throw all my gear in one a now walkers down with it. Hell those tall military tires, high ground clearance and steel brushguard makes a humvee a perfect "walker stomper".

Not to mention, every military vehicle I came across would be searched for mre's, ammo, grenades, fuel etc, whatever I could use to survive and kill zombies.

that would be fine if you dint have to run thru a tight mass like the one in atlanta. all of'em together would be able to stop you. even if you were able to get up to speed, the impacts would cause successive speed loss, then eventually stop you.

with a cow-catcher on the front, the masses would be pushed outta the way..........just like it was meant to do. trains had to slow down, but other than that, they just kept on keepin on. the cow-catcher smacked the buffaloes and cleared them off to the side, and the train kept on goin.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I can't find a picture of the one the kid had, but it made me think of a piece of aluminum baseball bat or something.

carl-silencer.jpg

the best pic i have been able to find so far...........it does look like a partial barrel and partial handle of an aluminum bat.

orangello Likes This