Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #411
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

You guys asking about the chick in the hood need to read my post #379

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #412

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

bout time for this thread to go back into hibernation till fall

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #413
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1085 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 613

so heres my final rant for the seasons so far.

I'm very annoyed with several key pieces that would take this show from being good to being great. in no particular order this is the list of things that should change.

the 50 to 100 yard pistol head shots.

the never recoiling firearms. almost all have done this minus a scene here or there.

the infinite ammo that hershal seemed to have and then every shot was a head shot. even while moving from target to target.

being able to hit the zombies accuratly while riding in a bouncy vehicle.

the fact that they have not picked up any .22's, ar-15/m-16 rifles, ammo and mre's. i mean come on. they have gone to the bar, the cdc,the pharmacy. and yet no one has thought to raid the gun store? im sure they would have run across a couple as they have gone through at least 3 cities/towns. and there were even a couple military areas.

the fact they tortured randall instead of trying to heal him and keep him in there group.

at the highway why dont they pick a nice truck and jeep both 4x4. darryl can keep his bike though.

i guess im saying i wish they would make it slightly more realistic. its still fun to watch, but i always see the mistakes and it bugs me. okay im done because at the moment i cant think of anything else.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #414

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
yet no one has thought to raid the gun store.
Thats the part that strikes me about the TV show.

That's one of the first things they do in the graphic novels.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #415

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Thats the part that strikes me about the TV show.

That's one of the first things they do in the graphic novels.
I've been wondering why also. Ya think they be hitting up the cop shops and going through the armory with rick and shane being cops.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #416

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

All in all it's a great show!! You guys also gotta remember its a TV Show, Not real life. There doing the best they can to make a show about something that has never really happened. So we all know about the limited edition guns wether it be handguns, shotguns or rifles that have NO RECOIL and UNLIMITED AMMO and can shoot over 5000yds away to kill your target or zombie or whatever there shooting at! It is funny though because I find myself actually looking at the firearms to see what they are and then I'll count how many shots they take and you see a basic 12g home defense shotgun which should only be 4 to 6 shots sometimes 8 if you have the mossberg 930 tactical or the maverick 88 that do hold 8 and I know I'm probably forgetting some others but you count and it's like wtf 20 shots from a 12g without reloading or even the handguns, like 20 or 30 rounds with no reload. Now on the show I know Shane was using a Glock and I could see him shooting 20 to 30 rounds if I seen a high Cap mag in the gun which wouldn't be hard to miss seeing that it would stick out about 8 inches from the gun but he doesn't! But I like the show and it gives me something to watch on my lazy Sunday's LOL!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #417
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

[QUOTE=HostileSigPro40;746165] You guys also gotta remember its a TV Show, Not real life. There doing the best they can to make a show about something that has never really happened. QUOTE]

if it was the best they can there would not be any "special" weapons, and common sense would say the military/sporting stores would be a great place for all supplies. food, ammo, guns, camp/survival gear.. just saying i wish it was better. but i still like it....

on a side note.. why dont they hop on a boat? ya know house boats, yachtes, tankers. how many zombies are swimmers? they could make supply trips to shore and then back out to the middle of a big lake or the ocean.

of a grieving mother

Last edited by jjfuller1; 03-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #418

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Or better yet a large but smallish island like bald head of our coast . Spend about a week clearing the walkers from the 2.2 billion dollar homes and start living the life . Food = catching fish everyday / water = desalinization unit use salt water / supplies = southport is very short boat ride over the cape fear river
Guns = how many bases do we have hers in nc ? about as many as we do subways and foodlions .
Thats what I have always told the wife if zombies or the like destroy the world . best place to go is a large sailboat maybe an aircraft carrier or an island .
That would be cool to get a carrier and make port to pick up more survivors like a boss and if they get annoying like andrea just launch them off with the catapult which would also double as entertainment . Pick up a batch of walkers , launch them and shoot them when they get airborn , like shooting clays . PULL !

A mode of transportation / home powered by a reactor for at least the next 20years would be the smart way to go
You have shelter - safety - power - man toys -and ocean view and an almost never ending power source - fresh water - toilets - communications ... everything . Of course you would need minor stuff like striking paper and a place to grow pot . hell the world is over why not get stoned every single day? Get stoned and play with the A-10's and the SAMs . Beer might be a issue though as well as ammo . Do they have a reloading station on board ? If not then it may be time to raid rbcs factory or midway warehouse .... then the nra museum , they have a thompson serial number 1 there I have had my eyes on ,trying to get the funds up right now though .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #419
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Or better yet a large but smallish island like bald head of our coast . Spend about a week clearing the walkers from the 2.2 billion dollar homes and start living the life . Food = catching fish everyday / water = desalinization unit use salt water / supplies = southport is very short boat ride over the cape fear river
Guns = how many bases do we have hers in nc ? about as many as we do subways and foodlions .
Thats what I have always told the wife if zombies or the like destroy the world . best place to go is a large sailboat maybe an aircraft carrier or an island .
That would be cool to get a carrier and make port to pick up more survivors like a boss and if they get annoying like andrea just launch them off with the catapult which would also double as entertainment . Pick up a batch of walkers , launch them and shoot them when they get airborn , like shooting clays . PULL !

A mode of transportation / home powered by a reactor for at least the next 20years would be the smart way to go
You have shelter - safety - power - man toys -and ocean view and an almost never ending power source - fresh water - toilets - communications ... everything . Of course you would need minor stuff like striking paper and a place to grow pot . hell the world is over why not get stoned every single day? Get stoned and play with the A-10's and the SAMs . Beer might be a issue though as well as ammo . Do they have a reloading station on board ? If not then it may be time to raid rbcs factory or midway warehouse .... then the nra museum , they have a thompson serial number 1 there I have had my eyes on ,trying to get the funds up right now though .
lol, nice...
of a grieving mother

Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #420

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You can just brew beer we do it add some beer making kits and some pot seeds to you end of the world stuff. Stress is going to be a big issue kill some zombies lock yourself in get drunk and high. Or kill some high zombies.